PDA

View Full Version : Any San Fran members want to meet...

Rovert
05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
...tonight in a few hours? I'm in from Vancouver for a day and want to meet some of you members!! Let me know. I love this city. It's so awesome today. I'm posting here since its urgent. Hope that's ok. I'm staying downtown near fishermans wharf and have my car with me too. I'll be free after 9pm if anyone wants to meet!

trancenation
05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I would be down to go, however I'm in SJ at the moment for school!

alexandre
05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
:thumbsup

Rovert
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Alex get outta here. You're in Israel right now. Not SF. LOL

johnrando
05-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I get up there about 1/month on biz but it's usually busy. Would love to meet you sometime.

Rovert
05-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Pity. I would have loved to meet you John.

Avetiso
05-22-2013, 06:36 PM
I would have taken the drive from Sacramento but I had other arrangements. :( sorry bud. Make sure you notify us again if you are ever here again.

derbo
05-23-2013, 12:47 AM
AHHHH, i didn't see this thread. :( and I was drivng the ZHP yesterday. :(

Rovert
05-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Awww derb's!!!! I'm driving to LA this morning at around 10am if you're going.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Rando lives in LA. ^^^

fredo
05-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Rovert, did you drive from Vancouver to San Francisco ? That's a long trip !

johnrando
05-23-2013, 08:56 AM

Where you going to be down here Trevor?

derbo
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM

Sorry sir I have to work :(

imola red zhp
05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Trevor when do you come back up through the Bay Area on your way back to Vancouver, I ll be around Dublin, Fremont, Livermore area this weekend...

sent from my new Samsung Galaxy III

Rovert
05-23-2013, 07:59 PM
I got sidetracked and staying overnight in wine country, Paso Robles 30 miles north of San Luis Obispo. Met up with my cousin so I'll be here and in LA for the 24th. Sorry I'm going to miss the MFest meets and drives to Vegas. I'm driving there on Saturday or Sunday to meet up with friends to drive home to Vancouver on Monday.

1 M Mike
05-24-2013, 06:13 AM
I got sidetracked and staying overnight in wine country, Paso Robles 30 miles north of San Luis Obispo. Met up with my cousin so I'll be here and in LA for the 24th. Sorry I'm going to miss the MFest meets and drives to Vegas. I'm driving there on Saturday or Sunday to meet up with friends to drive home to Vancouver on Monday.
UC at SLO is my old alma mater. A proud graduate with a major in Business and a minor in Beach.

Did you take Highway 1 (aka) PCH for any portion of your trip?

fredo
05-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Rovert, not sure if this will affect your travel plans:
http://news.yahoo.com/5-bridge-collapse-survivor-hold-084110788.html

Rovert
05-24-2013, 07:45 AM
More like how much did I avoid the I-5 and 101 when the 1 was available. Haha.

That bridge collapse is crazy. I will jump off previous exits and take the scenic route to avoid the traffic. Good thing for Google maps I will be able to see how early I need to exit.

Rovert
05-24-2013, 08:24 AM
BTW I got a parking ticket in Monterey for being 5 minutes late. What should I do with it? Will they come after me or can I just leave it and it'll be deleted from the system within a couple years? I don't plan on going back there in a while. I have no problem paying but that makes my lunch there cost $75. LOL.

fredo
05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
$75 ? Wow, that's expensive. Last week I got one ticket here in downtown Austin. It is $20 if paid early or $30 if paid after "x" date.

I would probably pay the $75 to avoid any complications later.

1 M Mike
05-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Looky here (http://monterey.org/Departments/Parking/ParkingCitations.aspx)

Parking citations may be paid by personal check, money order or credit card (convenience fee charged). Instructions for each option are listed below. To contest your parking citation, you must follow the Administrative Review Process.
Payment Options
1. Pay Citation by Check of Money Order:
To pay your citation with a personal check or money order. (no cash accepted). Mail the citation with the appropriate payment to:
City of Monterey Parking Enforcement Center
P.O. BOX 6010
Inglewood, CA 90312-6010
2. Pay Citation with Credit Card:
Citations may be paid with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) through the internet. Click on the link below to pay your citation now. Please have your citation number or license plate number available. The City's citation processor uses EZPayCorp, which charges a convenience fee of $3.95 per transaction for citations less than $99.99. For citations equal to or greater that $100 the fee is 5% of the fine.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that by clicking on the link to pay your parking citation online, you are leaving the City of Monterey official website and entering a website maintained by a third party vendor for the City of Monterey.

Rovert
05-24-2013, 08:57 AM
What complications happen to unpaid parking tickets in a bankrupt state? LOL

fredo
05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Don't ask me. I live on the other side of the country. :biggrin

johnrando
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't know, but I imagine they would not let a license plate or drivers license renewal happen, but what could they do with you in Canada?

Rovert
05-24-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't know, but I imagine they would not let a license plate or drivers license renewal happen, but what could they do with you in Canada?

Exactly....they can't do anything.

Dave1027
05-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I say f them and their $75 parking ticket. You have diplomatic immunity! Ha ha

Avetiso
05-26-2013, 09:15 AM
I say screw them.

alexandre
05-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Yup. They won't be able to do squat.

Rovert
05-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I'll pay my parking ticket. I'd rather not have a warrant for arrest when I'm enjoying the sun in California again.

Alex get out of this thread. Your knowledge doesn't apply here. Hahahaha

danewilson77
05-26-2013, 02:21 PM
:thumbsup

imola red zhp
05-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Trevor are you passing Dublin on your way back, are you taking 580 ?

Rovert
05-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Going home in 8 hours. I'm going through Reno to Medford, OR and jumping on thr I-5 to get home. I plan on driving fast enough at thr bridge collapse to jump over the empty space. :D

imola red zhp
05-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Going home in 8 hours. I'm going through Reno to Medford, OR and jumping on thr I-5 to get home. I plan on driving fast enough at thr bridge collapse to jump over the empty space. :D

Gotcha Trevor, get you next time in your way down.... drive safe....

johnrando
05-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Did you ever make it down to LA?

Rovert
05-28-2013, 10:32 AM
So I went from home (Vancouver) to Newport, OR to stay overnight, then to San Fran, then to San Luis Obispo for a couple days, then to LA, then to Vegas. Got to meet Hermes...errr JP, for the first time! Awesome dude and great family to meet! The E28 M5 is a beast!

Yesterday I left at 9am with some friends and straddled the western Nevado state line along hwy 95 (Area 51!) to Reno to Mt. Shasta to the I-5. We arrived in Medford, OR at around 10pm. I was the only one to keep going because I had a second or third wind. I got home to Vancouver at 9am the next day. I pulled a 24 hour marathon in my car....wow...I've never done that and it was actually pretty manageable! Had a 1.5 hour nap in a rest stop after Medford then when I got to the border I did some "zombie" grocery shopping at Trader Joe's before coming back across the border. My hear hurts now. I'm going to bed in my own bed finally! #goingham

imola red zhp
05-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Trevor quite an adventure, glad u made home safe....

sent from my Personal Electronic Device

derbo
05-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Glad you made it back. I wish I was able to say hello. Perhaps another time :) Get some much needed rest you beast. I don't think I would ever be able to do a 24hr run in my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Rovert
05-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Here's my secret that I think worked for me to handle a 24 hour marathon:

1. Don't eat any animal protein the night before and decrease dairy.
2. Stick to vegetables, fruits, grains, and nuts.
3. Start the morning off with a huge salad, either fruit or vegetables.
4. Goto Trader Joe's to get veggie "potato" chips, dehydrated fruits.
5. Get caffeine gum as chewing keeps you awake and your teeth cleaner along with caffeine.
6. Lots of water! I used vitamin squirts into my water that I sell from my own business.
7. A case of 0 carb energy drinks that I sell through my business.
8. Gummies!!! I like the Mango ones from Trader Joe's....LOL
9. Good audio lectures (thinking material) which keep your brain learning.
10. Music you can sing to when your brain needs a rest.

The other thing I had was my friend who brought her E46 M3 to mFest as well, which we tag teamed and drove rather "spiritedly" to keep things fresh and exciting for the first 14 hours. Our Valentine 1's saved us once when we were 30mph over the limit. Thank gawd for German brakes. We used "FRS" radios to keep in contact throughout the trip.

Now it's time to give my car a wash...it's got stuff stuck on it from 4 American States. LOL

johnrando
05-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Here's my secret that I think worked for me to handle a 24 hour marathon:

1. Don't eat any animal protein the night before and decrease dairy.
2. Stick to vegetables, fruits, grains, and nuts.
3. Start the morning off with a huge salad, either fruit or vegetables.
4. Goto Trader Joe's to get veggie "potato" chips, dehydrated fruits.
5. Get caffeine gum as chewing keeps you awake and your teeth cleaner along with caffeine.
6. Lots of water! I used vitamin squirts into my water that I sell from my own business.
7. A case of 0 carb energy drinks that I sell through my business.
8. Gummies!!! I like the Mango ones from Trader Joe's....LOL
9. Good audio lectures (thinking material) which keep your brain learning.
10. Music you can sing to when your brain needs a rest.

The other thing I had was my friend who brought her E46 M3 to mFest as well, which we tag teamed and drove rather "spiritedly" to keep things fresh and exciting for the first 14 hours. Our Valentine 1's saved us once when we were 30mph over the limit. Thank gawd for German brakes. We used "FRS" radios to keep in contact throughout the trip.

Now it's time to give my car a wash...it's got stuff stuck on it from 4 American States. LOL

Like the strategy.

http://youtu.be/sTJ1XwGDcA4