Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Question Supercharge? or Naturally Aspirated (Mods)?

The question is in the title.

What are the negatives of Supercharging?
    Modding out a car is pretty expensive either way I was just wondering which is better? (I guess)

and how does the Supercharger work? what else would I need to buy with it so my car would be able to handle it? or can i mix it up with mods and a supercharger? or does it have to be one or the other?

(btw this is just so i can know not doing any of this any time soon)

S/C...if you gots the $$$$
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Depends on what your priorities are. If it is flat out speed, then go with a supercharger. A few things to MAKE SURE you do when you do this. Allow extra time and money to fine tune your system. Most importantly, with the extra speed comes the responsibility to stop too. So an upgrade to your brakes is mandatory. Brake lines, fluid, BBK etc. Also, you will need to attend to any issues to your engine due to mileage. Get all of your maintenance done and out of the way. Gaskets, vacuum lines, everything!

Have fun!!!

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

After all is said and done including supercharger, upgrades, maintenance, I'm sure you'll be running upwards of $6-8k at a minimum, not including labor.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I say boosted is your best power per dollar ratio. If you try going the N/A route you will pick up 30whp max and spend close to $4k. at that point I would do a turbo kit or supercharger.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

I really like my supercharger. However, I'll actually be taking it off. The supercharger is great, but as a DD, I had to weigh longevity vs. speed and longevity won out at this point.

That said, the SC is amazing, smooth and F*&$%!@ fast. 300rwhp is a 4door M3...not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by 04ZHP_PDX View Post
    I really like my supercharger. However, I'll actually be taking it off. The supercharger is great, but as a DD, I had to weigh longevity vs. speed and longevity won out at this point.

That said, the SC is amazing, smooth and F*&$%!@ fast. 300rwhp is a 4door M3...not bad!
    When you're getting ready to pull off the SC, let me know.

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Depends on what your priorities are. If it is flat out speed, then go with a supercharger. A few things to MAKE SURE you do when you do this. Allow extra time and money to fine tune your system. Most importantly, with the extra speed comes the responsibility to stop too. So an upgrade to your brakes is mandatory. Brake lines, fluid, BBK etc. Also, you will need to attend to any issues to your engine due to mileage. Get all of your maintenance done and out of the way. Gaskets, vacuum lines, everything!

Have fun!!!

Johnny
    Not necessary at all.
    Good brake pads are all you need. Your rotors have plenty of power to brake. The issue isn't there. And the "drilled" and "slotted" rotors make zero difference unless you are doing 3 laps in a row all the time at a high braking course.

Gheybe Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 04ZHP_PDX View Post

Let me know also.

VERY interested. VERY.

Okay so I was wondering if like I can have a afe intake and also be s/c? Or like have eBay headers and random tech cat? Evo pullys? Can I have all of that while also having a s/cer in a ZHP?

or does it have to be one or the other?

AAnd shark injectors

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast