Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Bluetooth phonebook memory

I've added the BT module (antenna, mic, etc) to my car and enjoy the convenience - and being able use my phone legally!). When first connected and set up the car loaded my iPhone's phonebook, as expected. Now, I've gone through my phone and cleaned up my phonebook ... deleting entries, changing others. How do I force the car to re-load my phonebook? I've tried unplug-replug but found no joy.

OEM? If so, what model/year HU do you need to have to be able to add that? Also, does it do A2DP?
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

OEM, yes. Everything is, for my '04 (built 12/03). I just added the BMW BT module, antenna, mic. The details on this are pretty complicated though so I'm the wrong person to ask what may work for you. Someone else here - or certainly at Fanatics - will be much more helpful than I. For me it was part Plug 'n Play, part luck.

My car is wired. So it should be easy if I have the correct business CD
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Im thinking about doing this very soon because I want bluetooth but I also want to keep my car as OEM or at least OEM looking as possible.

Did you buy everything from pelican or some other site? I have the parts list and I am considering the bay for the truck module because it seems damn expensive on pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by PKR View Post
    I've added the BT module (antenna, mic, etc) to my car and enjoy the convenience - and being able use my phone legally!). When first connected and set up the car loaded my iPhone's phonebook, as expected. Now, I've gone through my phone and cleaned up my phonebook ... deleting entries, changing others. How do I force the car to re-load my phonebook? I've tried unplug-replug but found no joy.
    The phonebook should automatically re-sync every time your phone pairs, but this may depend on the exact part number (and thus hardware/software version) that you have.

Try removing the phone pairing and then re-pairing again. Go into pairing mode, press pairing button on the console and hold, turn ignition to the accessory position wait 2 seconds and release the pairing button. Now press and hold the pairing button for 10 seconds, all pairing data should be deleted. Re-pair the phone.

2003 Carbon Black E39 M5
    Evolve remap, 4-2-1 headers & race cats, 440hp 415ftLb.
    Intravee II for iPod, DVD & DAB.
    Valentine One mirror integration and head rest stealth install