Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb here

Newb here

Hey everyone,

I have been looking for a new car for a while and the main criteria was a manual trans sedan, so searching usually came up with various Japanese offerings in my price range (15-20k), but low and behold a '04 330i ZHP showed up. I had never known of this special version until now and I have always loved BMW's , but never owned one. This one has only 15000 mi. Other than having it looked over, anything in particular I should really focus on before buying in regards to know issues with this model? It sounds almost too good to be true so i'm not letting myself get too excited yet. Thanks in advance.

At 15K miles there is not much to worry about.. check the car's history, carfax, etc..

Welcome to the family!
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Welcome. Glad you stumbled on the car and this site.

Lots of info here
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

And if you go to the maintenance section.....look at sticky thread....I've got a bunch of stuff in there to keep your eye on.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Dotpage View Post
    At 15K miles there is not much to worry about.. check the car's history, carfax, etc..

Welcome to the family!
    Agreed! with 15k miles there is not a whole lot to check out or be cautious of. Wow, wish my beast had 15k lol
    Welcome.
    ~JOSH~1995 540i-6spd in the future

http://www.BMWCCA.org Member #433080

Owned/own:
    1995 M3
    1998 528I
    1999 328IS
    1995 540IA

Welcome to the site, Tuck.

Ill find out tmrw if it is legit. The maintenance and DIY sections has great info, just thought i would check with people in the know before i make a move. Is there a VIN range to let me know it truly is a ZHP car? Thanks.

Yes, but at this time I cannot direct you to it. Enter your vin at the Zhp registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck16 View Post
    Ill find out tmrw if it is legit. The maintenance and DIY sections has great info, just thought i would check with people in the know before i make a move. Is there a VIN range to let me know it truly is a ZHP car? Thanks.
    ZHP's cannot be known by VIN, as this was a "package" not a "model"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome to the site.

With such low miles, you may want to investigate or at least partially worry (until knowledgeable people chime in) about having dried out gaskets and rubber parts. Its out of warranty too, unless you are purchasing at dealer. Just 0.02$.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast