Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    I am excite

Does anyone know, what is the maximum depth of the speaker that can fit stock opening IF the protruding lip on the door card is shaved down to be flush with threaded inserts?

Here's a thought: What if the Stock HK sound system is actually amazing but nobody has refreshed the speakers with brand new ones from BMW?

Does BMW still sell the parts? Does it cost a small fortune or is it reasonable?
    Everybody loves Fried Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Does BMW still sell the parts? Does it cost a small fortune or is it reasonable?
    The door spkrs aren't available but the tweeters & subs are.
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...Ci&mg=65&sg=20
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

BTW - the link above is for the coupe.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    The door spkrs aren't available but the tweeters & subs are.
    https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...Ci&mg=65&sg=20
    Shoot. It's the door speakers I need, the small 2" ones. Mine are visibly shot. I need them for the Sedan. I'm not sure it's worth buying used ones, b/c they'll likely become shot very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Here's a thought: What if the Stock HK sound system is actually amazing but nobody has refreshed the speakers with brand new ones from BMW?

I can't shake this thought. Nobody actually replaces existing speakers with brand new factory speakers, and the capacitors in the HK amplifier are due for an upgrade by this point anyway, because again, NOBODY would buy a brand new HK amplifier.

As such, the last ears to hear a brand new stock sound system are from 2005 or so, almost 20 years ago (yikes).
    I'm very tempted to recap the amplifier (looks easy to do) and simply by brand new speakers from BMW if the price is right.

Am I crazy here?

[edit]

I just saw the price of new speakers from BMW, and I am indeed, crazy. It seems the Bavsound is the only good option, short of some DIY mess, or the crazy guy with the kit on eBay (who stole what some forum poster from e46fanatics I think put together and decided to make a kit out of it).
    Last edited by Fried_Chicken; 08-23-2024 at 10:58 PM.

I've just about decided on the Bavsound kit. The plug-and-play ability of it, and smattering of favorable reviews makes it almost a no-brainer for me.
    Crutchfield is super helpful and has very good options, but the BavSound is dedicated and that's hard to beat.

I've also ordered another HK amplifier I plan on opening up and replacing all the capacitors for. It's likely due time, and this may or may not yield an upgrade.

Does anyone know the deal with the deck speakers? It's my understanding they have their own little mini dedicated amplifier, which is fine. If I replace these, can I use the existing mini-amplifier or do I have to do something fancy?

Some guy on reddit (fuck that website) found some replacements that fit almost exactly:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/e46/comment...oofer_upgrade/

The replacements: https://www.cdtaudio.com/cdtnew22/pr...rs/hd690cf.php

They come in 2-ohm and 4-ohm flavors with mixed reviews online at what I believe is $140 for the pair.

The deck speakers do not have their own amp. The 2 subwoofers do have their own amp.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    The deck speakers do not have their own amp. The 2 subwoofers do have their own amp.
    Come again? There are speakers in the deck other than subwoofers? Or am I misunderstanding what "Deck" means?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567