Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Did any of you get the latest DME update ?

I have seen several posts (not here) about updating the DME software to the latest version from BMW....some people who got it done noticed improved performance and it got rid of some type of hesitation they had, that even VANOS overhaul didn't fix...

Has anyone done it? If yes, why did you do it? what did it help? how much did it cost?
    if not, why not?

Is this something we should do, guys?
    Just curious...
    According to a post i saw on E46Fan., this is the latest DME version... : (Note the date)

Last edited by Washburn; 04-06-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I got it when Jim uploaded the Shark...so I wouldn't have BMW only data.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks for sharing that! I asked my dealer to check my DME version when I went in to get car/key memory settings customized, and they told me "you have the newest firmware; updates are rare", but I suspect they didn't actually check since I didn't specifically address a complaint. Gonna go to an indy or another dealer and try again soon. Armed with this version info, I might get a better response (or at least a more concrete proof that my version is in fact the newest).

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Yep yep - I think we should all do this. At least verify that the latest is on it.

I have a dilemma though: and I am still looking for the answer on this:

my car (2005 ZHP) has a Dinan chip which the PO installed - IDK which one exactly. It also has a Dinan intake.
    If i do the DME software update through the BMW dealer, would the settings affect/erase/replace the Dinan chip settings? How should I go about it, if I ever need to get the DME version upgraded WHILE keeping the Dinan software on my car?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I did at my indy last month
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Thanks - can you take a look at my original (1st) post and answer the questions, pls?

well, it does make a difference, the car responds a little bit better in the 3.5-4.5K band.. That's what I noticed..

How much did it cost?

@ my indy $30, but he didn't charge, did some other stuff at that time

Autozone.com
    Is the update zhp-only?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast