Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Care for cloth/alcantara seats.

What's a good product to clean/refresh the CLOTH seating surfaces that ZHPs come with?
    Also, what is the best type of care recommended for the alcantara parts? I know that there's not much one can do on that one, but I would at least like to know the best care for CLOTH parts of the seats.

Thanks...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Ooo...I posted this in a thread somewhere..mmmm

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

haaaaa? whaaaa?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Sorry, I can't help you here

I have failed

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I found a product specifically designed to clean our alcantara....and I made a thread about it...hopefully it wasn't just a post. It might have been in one of Rich's threads though.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well I guess I found something - this should work for all surfaces:
    http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...ProductId=2969

Clean freak chiming in -- one Christmas my wife gifted me the BMW Natural Care Interior Cleaner, that Washburn gives the link to above, and some other car care goodies. It is an excellent product! Cleans very well, pretty much any surface you use it on, and it even brought back the original dark color on a few "lightened" spots on my alcantara -- seat bolster portion. Also, it eliminated a mysterious ring on the cloth part of the passenger seat. And as a bonus, it'll make your interior smell great. Highly recommended, and I'm a picky, not-easy-to-please too-skeptical-for-my-own-good son-of-a-gun on my best day. It's great to have ONE cleaner that can do it all.
    Luigi
    04 Black Sapphire Metallic ZHP, 6-speed manual, stock save chromed wheels, 68K, born February 2004
    BMW CCA of Oregon Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
    Clean freak chiming in -- one Christmas my wife gifted me the BMW Natural Care Interior Cleaner, that Washburn gives the link to above, and some other car care goodies. It is an excellent product! Cleans very well, pretty much any surface you use it on, and it even brought back the original dark color on a few "lightened" spots on my alcantara -- seat bolster portion. Also, it eliminated a mysterious ring on the cloth part of the passenger seat. And as a bonus, it'll make your interior smell great. Highly recommended, and I'm a picky, not-easy-to-please too-skeptical-for-my-own-good son-of-a-gun on my best day. It's great to have ONE cleaner that can do it all.
    Do you have any tips on using it?

Droid! Srs Legitness!

Good morning -- I found that a little goes a long way. I sprayed one of my lint-free towels with the cleaner rather than the surface I wanted to clean and then lightly scrubbed, rubbed or swiped, depending on the surface. I wouldn't claim that this is best thing out there, I would have no idea what that might be, but I am saying it's the best thing I've used. Before this cleaner I'd use a super-diluted solution of water and Simple Green, and that's great too, but I wouldn't dare use Simple Green on the alcantara, for instance. For that, I'd use a lint-free towel and warm water. So, this is the first cleaner I've used on the alcantara, and I'm very pleased with the results.
    Last edited by Luigi; 04-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Luigi
    04 Black Sapphire Metallic ZHP, 6-speed manual, stock save chromed wheels, 68K, born February 2004
    BMW CCA of Oregon Member

Imonnagemmeabottle
    Thanks Luigi !