Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    What powers the light?

The wiring for the lit stick shift taps into the ash tray lighting wires. Once done, the LCM lighting dimmer switch controls the brightness of the shifter light. I know how to solder and use heat shrink so when done no one will notice this is out of order when looking in this area

This is where you tap when you install these lighted shifters I have done this mod twice now, the first time on my first ZHP and then on my current ZHP... never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-18-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    What's the difference between the ZHP and F10 M5 knobs, is it weight?
    Will, I took blauzed out for a drive this morning and can say I did not notice any difference between my OEM ZHP shift knob and my new F10 M5 shift knob. To me they both felt the same regarding weight and feel except now I will have a lit shift knob whereas with the OEM ZHP shift knob I won't.

EDIT: I took blauzed out for a longer drive to the post office and back. The new F10 M5 shift knob feels great.
    Last edited by cakM3; 03-31-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Thx for the info, very cool. Does it light up which gear it's in too, or just an overall light?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Thx for the info, very cool. Does it light up which gear it's in too, or just an overall light?
    It is the standard light. Lights up the entire face just like this John...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Will, I took blauzed out for a drive this morning and can say I did not notice any difference between my OEM ZHP shift knob and my new F10 M5 shift knob. To me they both felt the same regarding weight and feel except now I will have a lit shift knob whereas with the OEM ZHP shift knob I won't.

EDIT: I took blauzed out for a longer drive to the post office and back. The new F10 M5 shift knob feels great.
    Ah, nice. I didn't know the ZHP knob was unlit (mine's AT).

My Mystic Adventure...

This afternoon I tapped into the ash tray wiring for my lit shift knob retrofit.

Heat shrink has been put in place and ready for the heat gun to seal...in the pic below, you can see the ash tray plug (black) and my shift knob plug (teal)

next thing to do is to connect the shift knob to the modded wiring to make sure everything works.

It was bright outside but I could see the lighting work so later when it gets dark, I will take a few pictures showing the final result... for now, I finished everything and put everything back together.

Like my ZHP before this one, I have a lit shift knob just like how I have it in my M3

I got the additional wiring to tap into my ash tray lighting wiring from here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW...e/302109127027

and I got the OEM plug to use from FCP Euro and here's the link to the plug I used:
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mw-61132360043

Once I got everything, doing this retrofit the way I have outlined it here on this post, this retrofit was permanent and OEMish and fairly easy to do
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-07-2021 at 02:39 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

These are just a few pics showing the lit function of my new F10 M5 shift knob

Last edited by cakM3; 04-05-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Nice!

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Temping to get one now

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Temping to get one now
    Once you have this I’m sure you will be very happy with it. It adds a very nice touch to the car in my opinion

Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast