Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Yes, very nice strut bars! Charlie I see you did the scotch/sharpie mod.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    What are the details of the mod?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

I did Gary

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    What are the details of the mod?
    You see how the DINAN letters are black? They colored it in lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    You see how the DINAN letters are black? They colored it in lol
    Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Thanks!
    John, pretty much what Hieu posted. The lettering was black sharpied and the bar somewhat cleaned and polished and the carbon fiber bits polished.

When I source the replacement DINAN front strut bar I will do the same to that bar when I receive it prior to mounting it.

My Mystic Adventure...

I'm currently lining up acquisition of these parts for my ZHP

When I sold my first ZHP, I did not remove my front DINAN strut bar mostly due to laziness on my part and I have regretted not doing this. I have the rear DINAN strut bar so when I source the front and have it in my hands, I plan to install these strut bars as a set on my ZHP

I'm also sourced my rear carbon fiber diffuser panel (actual part pictured below) that I had on my first ZHP back from a good friend of mine recently. It is coming back to me so once I have my rear bumper repainted, this carbon fiber diffuser panel will be used on a seasonal basis

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 04-13-2023 at 05:22 AM.

I completed my Valve Cover Gasket maintenance and Secondary Air Pump maintenance today. It was maintenance that was long overdue and another maintenance item I can check off as being done right.

The longest part of doing this is always the preparation but once everything is moved out of the way, the work itself isn't that bad

so this is how the motor from a neglected poorly maintained ZHP looks like (worn spots on my cam lobes). SMH

the plugs were all bad and no surprises why I was getting cylinder misfire codes.

after cleaning the seating surfaces and replacing the valve cover with new gaskets, new plugs and DINAN coils were installed

engine bay was wiped down and it looks good once again Now on to other projects I have lined up for my ZHP

I think doing my OEM M3 auto folding side mirrors will be the next project I am going to complete. It has been on the shelf since last summer and I need to get going on it so I can update my DIY with up to date pics of this retrofit.

EDIT: I took a nice drive this evening after completing all this work and when I got home turned off the car to get a bite to eat. After dinner I came out and started the car and got the "SES" light again but this time I knew what was causing this. The cause was a fault code 2F9A Environment temperature sensor communication. I expected this as I have not started fixing this issue. I have a wiring problem associated with this sensor that either needs to be replaced and spliced properly using solder and heat shrink tubing or the problem is in the connector which I can source from FCP Euro (there's a repair kit for this sensor) and fix this issue.
    Last edited by cakM3; 10-18-2023 at 02:52 AM.

My Mystic Adventure...

For those who have not done their VCG maintenance since owning their ZHP, I highly recommend doing this. My valve cover gaskets were hard as plastic and was leaking oil into the spark plug tubes causing my plugs to become fouled. I cleaned out each spark plug tube and gasket seating surfaces before applying the black RTV where it was needed and sealed everything up again. I took my time so that way I was not forgetting to do anything. Once the new plugs and coils were installed and the engine bay put back together I spent the weekend driving the car

Since this maintenance, my ZHP's motor seems to have more power and is much more responsive. Power delivery is smooth throughout every gear and the car idles around 600 rpm smoothly. This is something I should have done in my first year of ownership for this car but it is now complete. It is nice to see this ZHP coming along considering where it was when I rescued it.

This is how my plugs looked after being pulled out (#6 far left to #1 far right)

My Mystic Adventure...

I also picked up another set of Style 135 wheels, staggered set OEM ZHP, which I will have completely refinished in Hyper-Black to use on my ZHP then sell off the set currently on my ZHP.

There are no issues with these wheels other than some cosmetics. I'm going to get these wheels cleaned then powder coated for durability before mounting fresh Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 tires on them

Last edited by cakM3; 04-17-2023 at 01:56 PM.

Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast