Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Richie Rich's ZHP build thread

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Yup, they fit. The newer versions even have the notches now so you don't got to grind down that nub.
    Awesome! Good to know, thanks Hieu!


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    You can use the ZKW-R. They are good quality and works well.

    https://www.theretrofitsource.com/zk...KWR?quantity=1

    I feel like I might have actual ZKW lenses somewhere. I tend to save lighting parts, but no idea where they are lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Awesome! Good to know, thanks Hieu!


    Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you! Just ordered them along with the TRS side markers. Just placed an offer for a passenger side headlight too.

    I noticed my xenon headlights don’t have DRLs. Maybe it was coded out by previous owner. What does everyone recommend to DIY coding for not so tech savvy people?

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    I noticed my xenon headlights don’t have DRLs. Maybe it was coded out by previous owner. What does everyone recommend to DIY coding for not so tech savvy people?
    I have my DRLs coded off because I'm running on angel eyes. I find that the standard BMW DRLs on these cars don't look good with angel eyes lit. I prefer the cleaner look of having either the DRLs on or just the angel eyes on, not both. Since I like the look of a clean and bright angel eye setup (in this case Orion V4 angel eyes) they serve as DRLs more than adequately along with the Morimoto LED fog lights I have installed on both of my BMWs.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have my DRLs coded off because I'm running on angel eyes. I find that the standard BMW DRLs on these cars don't look good with angel eyes lit. I prefer the cleaner look of having either the DRLs on or just the angel eyes on, not both. Since I like the look of a clean and bright angel eye setup (in this case Orion V4 angel eyes) they serve as DRLs more than adequately along with the Morimoto LED fog lights I have installed on both of my BMWs.
    What did you use to code the car?

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    What did you use to code the car?
    I used Botond to code my car

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    897
    PA Soft is the most user-friendly for coding. It's decent, but not as powerful as NCS Expert. I basically use PA Soft for whatever I can, then NCS Expert when PA Soft can't
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I used Botond to code my car
    After some searching, I realized Botond was a person and not a software haha...

    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    PA Soft is the most user-friendly for coding. It's decent, but not as powerful as NCS Expert. I basically use PA Soft for whatever I can, then NCS Expert when PA Soft can't
    What are some things that NCS can do that PA Soft can't? Haven't found a thread on comparing the two and what makes them different.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post



    What are some things that NCS can do that PA Soft can't? Haven't found a thread on comparing the two and what makes them different.
    I coded my brake force display with NCS, also made it such that the climate control displays "lo" or "hi" when you go to the extreme temperatures, instead of just getting stuck on the number. I could be wrong but I don't believe you can code those with PA Soft.

    It is of note though that you can use PA Soft to fix the coolant temp gauge buffer and get rid of the speedo offset. A few days ago I was also able to code my seatbelt pretensioner off as well.

    I have a couple NCS resources bookmarked here and here (thanks to member derbo for the second one!).



    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I coded my brake force display with NCS, also made it such that the climate control displays "lo" or "hi" when you go to the extreme temperatures, instead of just getting stuck on the number. I could be wrong but I don't believe you can code those with PA Soft.

    It is of note though that you can use PA Soft to fix the coolant temp gauge buffer and get rid of the speedo offset. A few days ago I was also able to code my seatbelt pretensioner off as well.

    I have a couple NCS resources bookmarked here and here (thanks to member derbo for the second one!).



    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    Sweet, thank you for those bookmarks.

  10. #40
    Look at what came in. If you know, you know. If not, you'll just have to wait and see


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Snuffalufigus's Build/Maintanence Thread :)
    By Snuffalufigus in forum Projects
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM
  2. UdubBadger's "WEGOHAM" Build Thread
    By UdubBadger in forum Projects
    Replies: 939
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 07:17 AM
  3. 94jedi's ZHP build/mod/maintenance thread....
    By 94jedi in forum Projects
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 03:11 AM
  4. al.330imola Build/Maintenance Thread
    By al.330imola in forum Projects
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
  5. Richie Day's 350z.
    By C Withers Media in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •