Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

To claim or not to claim? That is the question. ZHP fog and underbody damage content.

Not for the faint of heart....

Ugh.

Driving home today.....I was behind a white truck.......who was behind a logging truck. See where this is going? So....logging truck start to dump debris off his truck....and ends up shedding a "knot" outta one of the insides of the tree. I saw the debris start to fly.....nowhere to go.....locked in doing 65mph......I grip the steering wheel tight.....oh boy here it comes........white truck goes right over it.......then......I came along......Boom.

Exterior inspection revealed cracked bumper (underneath), and a busted passenger side fog (The one I replaced only months ago).

I have not inspected the underneath......but will do so here in a little. Pics to follow.....in typical tease fashion.

Even if I had pics now....I would make you wait...hehe.

Brake duct......Nuked.

Reinforcement plate.....wasted.

Control arm dust cap.....vaporized.

Underbody splash shield....smoked.

Fog light and frame......history.

I am thinking of making a claim on this. What do you guys think? Deductible is $500.00. It will not happen prior to the meet.
    Last edited by danewilson77; 05-06-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Certainly looks like you've got more than $500 in damage. I'd make a claim, collect the check, by the parts, DIY, and do the other control arm.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Copy.....looking good. Can't diy a new bumper though. Thinking I should get it all done at the shop...as hard as that is to say.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good point. In that case, I would DIY everything but the bumper. You'll end up reimbursing your deductible that way-- and maybe even having a little left over.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

What happened Dane?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

did i miss something, what happened? :\

Wait what happened? Did I miss something? That's you car Dane right?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Dane. Make sure you tell them the object had fallen out of the truck and was tumbling down the highway (if its true of course). If the object was moving, and had just fallen, its a comprehensive claim and ur rates dont go up. I had 3k of damage to my car and it was covered after 500. Fixed in 1.5 weeks. Do it tonight and she'll be all better for the meet. Just stick to ur guns though. It took me 5 calls. I never got mad, and everyone i talked to was nice, just be persistant.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Sorry fella's...initial post updated with story. Thought you might have caught it in the "Headlines"

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Dane. Make sure you tell them the object had fallen out of the truck and was tumbling down the highway (if its true of course). If the object was moving, and had just fallen, its a comprehensive claim and ur rates dont go up. I had 3k of damage to my car and it was covered after 500. Fixed in 1.5 weeks. Do it tonight and she'll be all better for the meet. Just stick to ur guns though. It took me 5 calls. I never got mad, and everyone i talked to was nice, just be persistant.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Were you able to get a rental/loaner?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast