Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

BMW Performance Pedals

Just got mine in the mail and was gonna start installing, then realized I need to go pick up a T15 torx. Quick question though... If anybody has installed these already, what size drill bit did you use cause the screws look like a 3mm. 5/32 or 1/8? (will post pics later)

The screws have nuts, correct?

Just take a screw with you to Lowes.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah I did, no metric. 5/32 is 3.97mm and 1/8 is 3.18mm. Just wondering what others used

just wondering, where did you buy them from?

Johal - got it from Tischer, I've only seen like a $5 difference on other sites and I was already ordering some stuff so I just added it on (Pedals and Footrest)

Ok so I ended up trying all the sizes starting at 1/8 to see what I could get away with, but you need to use 5/32 to have enough wiggle room when putting them through. The brake pedal is metal with a plastic cover that you just take off. Be real careful when drilling through it cause there's really no room for error. I kinda made a slight mistake and mine is a little off level but I'll deal with buying and installing a new pedal at some point in the future. I also had a problem putting one of the screws into the top corner of the footrest and I'll deal with that tomorrow, I'm just happy to be done with it.

Before

After

Looks great. How did you like negotiating the lower, right nut on the back side of the gas pedal?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks great, Hermes.

Thank you, and yes that screw was a bitch. I still have one left on the footrest but I just gave up for tonight

bump

these just arrived today. i put in the //M footrest this afternoon, man that was a bitch. i broke the original one trying to remove it, oh well...

will be drilling the new pedals in sometime this week. in the evening. it's still damn hot outside...
    Last edited by webster; 09-12-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    bump

these just arrived today. i put in the //M footrest this afternoon, man that was a bitcht. i broke the original one trying to remove it, oh well...

will be drilling the new pedals in sometime this week. in the evening. it's still damn hot outside...
    All I gotta say is be real careful when you're doing the brake pedal since it's metal, you don't want it slightly askew like mine

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast