Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bring on the snow!

Snowboarding season is coming up, so I figured what better way to spontaneously blow $740 than to get a Thule roof rack + ski/board attachment and locks?

iPhone pics, so pardon the shitty quality!

Apparently the rack rails are a 'new design' that is more aerodynamic than before, and doesn't require a fairing to keep the noise down. At least according to the guys at the shop, who told me I don't need the fairing (I was gonna spend another $100 for that). Didn't notice any noise difference driving home, so they must be on to something.

Summertime will see bicycle & kayak attachments!

I dislike the snow sometimes >.<

Last winter was the first one with the 325i and also my first winter with a manual car oh and first winter with a rear wheel drive car soooo you can imagine it was kind of intersting hehe

Needless to say I think the car got stuck a total of 6 times

I am going to look into a good set of snow tires...maybe even studed. Any input on this idea?? Thanks

Oh and Love the rack.....how hard are they to install, or does a shop have to do it?
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Awesome setup....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Pretty nice airfoil shape on those rails there. Click the angle of attack down a degree or two and carry your snowboards while rocking major teh downfroce!

My rack will be going back on the car come early November.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Nice setup. Really like the design of the rails.

So what exactly is the max load weight for the Bimmer roof? My Subaru Outback is 100lbs.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    I dislike the snow sometimes >.<

Last winter was the first one with the 325i and also my first winter with a manual car oh and first winter with a rear wheel drive car soooo you can imagine it was kind of intersting hehe

Needless to say I think the car got stuck a total of 6 times

I am going to look into a good set of snow tires...maybe even studed. Any input on this idea?? Thanks

Oh and Love the rack.....how hard are they to install, or does a shop have to do it?
    Winter tires, compared to all-seasons, make world of a difference. You won't believe how much until you try.

Do some research on winter tires before you buy. The places to get tires are http://tirerack.com and http://www.discounttiredirect.com. I'll be (most likely) ordering Hankook iPike W409 tires within a few days from Discount Tire, and will be getting a separate set of winter rims, too (I always do).

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Awesome setup....
    Thanks! I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by zj96sc View Post
    Pretty nice airfoil shape on those rails there. Click the angle of attack down a degree or two and carry your snowboards while rocking major teh downfroce!

Who needs spoilers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    So what exactly is the max load weight for the Bimmer roof? My Subaru Outback is 100lbs.
    Well, OEM BMW roof rack (which is $160 brand new on eBay vs. $465 that I paid for Thule) is rated for ~$70lbs. Thule claims 165lbs with this rack on this car.

Blah!

I have a Thule Snowboard/Ski attachment I'm trying to get rid of..it would of been perfect (as it is the same).

Nice though!

And yes, those are different bars. Mine were square and make noise out of the gazoo

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

nice i still have my bike rack atop mine.... i'll wait till Dec 1st to switch unless we get some good snow before then.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast