Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Star of India - Reshoot

Since I wasn't too happy and you guys gave me some ideas I've tried to redo it but its just not as easy as it sounds if you haven't been there. Did these almost 2 weeks ago but just never posted them.

This parking lot is a joke and setting up is not easy. Check it out... (google maps).

1 - so here is the original

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Sweet pic Hermes.

Casey Time Tip: Next time flip the wheels the other way though. Just a tip I learned from Casey. Wheel positioning is uber important. He told me that for one shot, he adjusted the wheels for thirteen hours to get them just perfect for the shot....then it rained...then he said efff it....and went and got a huge burger.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    nice hermes

just a thought though for next time... think about the composition of the image a bit more. Stand up instead of going for the low level shot, you'd have seen more of the ship, also maybe shift a bit to the right to show more of the boat. Would have been really cool to see your car fitting right under the nose of the ship in the shot and maybe eliminating the stop light.

I didnt really like this one but its as close as I could get to the original (still had cars in other spots preventing me from parking the way I wanted)

I like this one the most out of what I ended up with

I'll keep trying... Hell, SD/SoCal people - why don't you give it a try and see. Its really a cool spot if you can get setup right
    Last edited by Hermes; 10-14-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Tough lighting, crowded and busy location. Great for you JP for going out and getting after it a second time.

Looks great JP. Both are improvements.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

thanks guys

JP, that is a tough location. I recently shot in that area. I was near the airport, shooting toward the Star of India. All of that orange lighting sucks there.

yeah, you need to change/adjust all sorts of settings or else it all comes out weird looking. Here's an example of what I mean from the first night I went down there

Original:

Settings Adjusted: (actually I think I did this one on photoshop because I hadn't figured out the settings for the camera yet at that point)
    Last edited by Hermes; 10-14-2011 at 08:44 PM.