Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Khoalty LED Corners

Does anybody have these?

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...er-lights.html

I'm looking into getting the Smoked LED corners for my car and wanted to see how they looked on the TiAg before I make a decision. Any pictures of examples would be much appreciated! Thanks!!
    Kyle - Wisconsin Crew - 2001 BMW M3
    Supersprint Headers/Section 2 - Eisenmann Muffler - aFe Stage 2 Intake -
    Bilstien PSS9 Coilovers - VMR V710 (Gunmetal Powdercoat) - UUC EVO Short Shifter - ZHP Shift Knob

Personally I like the stock clear look. Alot of this stuff looks "modded" and on an e46 it looks kinda meh. Thats a personal opinion tho. I think ur car looks tops as it is.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    Personally I like the stock clear look. Alot of this stuff looks "modded" and on an e46 it looks kinda meh. Thats a personal opinion tho. I think ur car looks tops as it is.
    I feel the same way.

I've also heard of insurance companies (at least the local one here) denying coverage to people who had tinted tail lights and got rear ended. Their explanation was that the tinted lights decreased visibility, which contributed to the accident. I'd hate to have them use a similar excuse for the front signals and void insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    I feel the same way.

I've also heard of insurance companies (at least the local one here) denying coverage to people who had tinted tail lights and got rear ended. Their explanation was that the tinted lights decreased visibility, which contributed to the accident. I'd hate to have them use a similar excuse for the front signals and void insurance.
    That claim from an insurance company is BS. Wouldn't they have to prove that the smoked lights were at fault? After all, most of the smoked lights I've seen on E46's allowed more than enough light to be as effective as stock lights. I'd think that their theory could be disproven if one of the taillights survives the impact and they could test the light output...

Heck, even the blackest lights I've seen on E46's still allowed the vast majority of the light output to go through; I've never seen an E46 smoked light dim enough to not be visible enough to grab my attention.

Plus, most LEDs are advertised to be brighter than halogens. I don't know how true this is, as they seem almost the same brightness to me on aftermarket stuff. The only LEDs I've seen to be brighter than halogens are the OEM LED lights (versus aftermarket).

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but BS insurance company coverage denials tick me off. lol

About the LED corners; personally I like them very much. They don't look too obviously aftermarket, though you can tell they didn't come with the car from the factory. But, at the same time, I don't think it's overdone at all. I've installed a set on my car to see how it would look and it wasn't half bad. Those were clear; the smoked ones would look even better on mine, IMO.

On a TiAg car, I would choose the smoked ones for sure. Light output isn't going to be too different.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Advice or recommendations for type and color for clear corners on and IRZ...pics would be cool

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Oooh Dane, thanks for the links. I too have been looking to upgrade to the Euro look and ditch the amber all around. That setup from Turner looks great. Now the question is to go with the black or titanium backed corner lights...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Oooh Dane, thanks for the links. I too have been looking to upgrade to the Euro look and ditch the amber all around. That setup from Turner looks great. Now the question is to go with the black or titanium backed corner lights...
    I like the ones in the pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The other ones are nice also. :smile

Yeah Dane, after looking at the car, the black outline ones seem to be what the car has stock, so that's what I'm going to go for... Now I have to ask the wife if I can order...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast