Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Charlie Trotter's Kitchen Table

Got a call from my best friend yesterday around 2pm. He asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with him, his fiance wasn't feeling well and he couldn't back out of his reservations. I don't get to see him all that often anymore, he is a very busy guy from owning his own restaurant which has become a pretty good success in its 1st year of being open (they say that's always the hardest) www.benjaminrestaurant.com. So because we don't get together all that often I of course said sure, it's also his 31st birthday this week so I thought it'd be nice to share it with him.

Anyway, so he tells me we are going to Charlie Trotter's, basically the most highly regarded restaurant in Chicago and easily one of the top 10 in the entire world. Trotter also happens to be someone from the same area as us, a U of Wisconsin graduate (go Badgers) and my best friend Ben's cooking inspiration, having staged (pronounced: ST/aj/ed) for him a few years back while he was in culinary school (this is like a brief apprenticeship).

So knowing the kind of high end cuisine that is offered there, I realized it would be special and since Trotter is actually closing his doors this August after 25 VERY successful years, I decided I could not decline on this opportunity despite my palette being more accustomed to Chipotle and Wendy's than upscale delicacies.

And then as I was getting ready, my friend Ben text messaged me and said, "Oh, and we are eating at the kitchen table". I was a bit confused... what the hell?

From Trotter's website:
    The Kitchen Table

We began offering the table in the kitchen over 20 years ago and it has become our most requested table. The table, seating four to six guests, provides a first-hand view of the activity in a world-class restaurant kitchen.

Surrounded by Chef Trotter's custom-designed kitchen you will be served a special menu that Trotter and his team create for you that evening.
    Also, I found out that Trotter - who believe it or not was never properly trained as a chef, is closing his doors this August so this is pretty much his farewell tour right now.

So this is basically one of the most bad ass things anyone can witness and I'm doing it a month before he locks the doors? WOW.

Anyway, I was not allowed to bring a real camera so the iPhone had to make due and on top of that I was a bit squeamish taking photos of everything to begin with because of the setting so it was more of a rush job photographically but I thought I would share.

Normally this is a 13 course dinner for the guests with wine pairings at each course and some of the most delicious breads and gourmet butter I've ever imagined. I opted out of the wine because I don't drink much and never got into the wine scene. I was given a few pairings that were made from puree's and such instead of wine.

So here is the photo gallery:
    Our View

My plethora of drinks

My buddy Ben asking me how many courses we just ate....

This was our menu however we were fed more than what was listed on here.

And then this the my favorite part of the night...

Overall, it was a lot of fun to experience and expand my horizons of culinary excellence. There was a point where I ate something I was almost sure it was going to come back up but I kept my cool (it was a thalmus I believe).

However, that being said, I think my wife and I are going to go out for burgers tonight.
    Last edited by UdubBadger; 06-20-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

SO freakin' unbelievably awesome!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nice.

Only 10% tip

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Now THAT's funny Dane. Didn't catch that. Definitely the tip should be more, especially with that setup. Guessing maybe some was already included?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It says "Service Included at 18%"

The $100 was in addition to that.

He is signing the wrong copy though

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Nice layout, but what a bill at the end!! That was for just the two of you?

Nice! Bummed they're closing though...

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post

William.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Now THAT's funny Dane. Didn't catch that. Definitely the tip should be more, especially with that setup. Guessing maybe some was already included?
    Yup...some was already in there.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Nice.

Only 10% tip

to be fair they already add in a gratuity on the bill so this was on top of that 18%

being a high quality guy and chef... he took care of the people who took care of us.
    Call me Seth

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post

William.
    lol we were so tired after it all... he signed both
    Call me Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast