Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CR Spotless Car Wash De-Ionized WaterSystem

I have been washing my own car for the past few months. One of the biggest issues in so doing has been water spots. Hand drying the car post-wash is a pain in the freaking ass, usually by the time I'm done with half the car the other half has already begun to dry. This defeats the purpose, right?

So I came across this deionizing water system made by a company called CR Spotless that supposedly produces water that will air dry with no residue-forming deposits that cause the water spots. Their website is here: http://www.crspotless.com/

They have a few variations of size and setup. The price intially seemed pretty steep; in fact it is. I decided to try the medium size one to see how it worked. The specific model is the DI-120 listed here: http://www.crspotless.com/de-ionizin...nd-system.html

After 4 or 5 washes, I must say this thing is totally freaking awesome. It comes out of the box ready to go. Just connect the spigot to the "IN" side and the hose to the "OUT" side. Ready to go! The water from this thing is so pure and clean it actually feels like it's polishing the car. It leaves the surface so smooth; it sets up polishing/sealing/waxing perfectly.

But the main thing is it truly does live up to the claim of spotless water. You can leave the car totally drenched in DI water and a few hours later the car will have dried to a spotless clean.

The system comes with a built-in sensor to monitor the level of impurities that build up. Once it gets to a certain level you have to order a replacement resin bag, about $50. From my estimation I will get 30-40 washes per bag.

Overall I am very impressed with this thing. I had my doubts, but it works. Full endorsement. And no more towel drying!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Nice find, I need one of these.

Awesome review. I need to look into this.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Use a shammy and lightly spray the parts of the car that are drying quicker as you dry the rest. I never have water spots. Just gotta take that little extra time to make her look extra special. I also clean the car about three times a week with a thik wax/wash so that helps as well.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    Use a shammy and lightly spray the parts of the car that are drying quicker as you dry the rest. I never have water spots. Just gotta take that little extra time to make her look extra special. I also clean the car about three times a week with a thik wax/wash so that helps as well.
    while that technique makes sense, it's still a lot of extra work to physically hand dry the entire car. also, you inevitably will create swirling with that much contact with a towel.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I feel ya but, I have alot of time and I like spending it on the the car. Inside and out. I worked as a detailer for a year and a half so it doesn't bother me. I also change the microfiber washing mits and towels every couple of months. That and I do a full wax and clay bar 4 times a year. With the concentrated carnauba wash/ wax it holds up pretty well. I constantly get compliments on the paint, and with the car having 170k on it, that makes me pretty happy. This water system looks LEGIT though.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Props to the guy that was like, "eff this towel business." I'm not sure it's worth that though. I'll just wash it in the garage, out of the sunlight, and continue using a towel. No water spots or smears.

With regards to "I'm not sure it is worth it though".........The unit is $250, and according to Webster, you get 40 washes, and a replacement cartridge costs $50. So $300 investment will give you about 80 car washes......so that's about $3.75 per wash. So there is the value proposition.

Cool "technology", something hi-tech to use to care for your car, frees your time up to do something else......hmmm

The problem with this product is that it requires a host, which many of us don't have access to.
    For me, I do have access but it's a complete PITA to get my car to it. Nothing's ever easy!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Couldn't one just buy the Mr.Clean version of this? That's what I have. Was about $50 with an extra filter.

This one is $69.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-AutoD.../dp/B0006M56CE
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast