Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightwerkz FXR retrofit

Gents,

I think I'm going to scrap the second car for now and put some love into the zhp. The numbers don't add up on buying a gas saver to justify it's price, it would take me 5 years to break even on gas savings vs the zhp. I have needed headlights for 2 years because of the really poor light output on my zkws. I've avoided getting them fixed because of the high cost and it really hasn't been a problem with my 5 minute commute to work. Essentially I cannot drive at night without my fogs on, and even then I have pretty bad visibility with the short range of the fogs. I just contacted Lightwerkz and they quoted me $425 + return shipping for a retrofit w/fxr projectors. This is cheaper than I thought it would be. For the record, I have a 2004 330i with factory bixenon. I'm going to send my lights in as soon as my house closes and I move the car there. I'm looking forward to having working headlights, I will update with the results but it might be a couple weeks.

Lightmodz in New Jersey does good work as well, and pretty inexpensive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

My PO retrofitted Lightwerkz right before I bought the car. They're excellent.

A cheaper alternative could be to swap in M3 AL projector housings - about $150 in parts.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Glad the zhp is gonna get more love. Hope the lights stuff works out.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I wish I had time to mess around inside the headlights, but it just isn't going to happen. I don't even want to have to send them anywhere but it's the cheapest option short of doing it myself. Things will be crazy in the next week, and even worse if I have to commute at night with poor visibility. I'll probably rent a car while my headlights are in the mail. Really looking forward to having working headlights.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Lightmodz in New Jersey does good work as well, and pretty inexpensive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    +1 to lightmodz. Awesome people, and much cheaper.

LightWerkz just has that name where people go to them no matter what, so they charge outrageous prices for labor to just put new projectors into old housings. I emailed them and got pretty arrogant replies back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    +1 to lightmodz. Awesome people, and much cheaper.

LightWerkz just has that name where people go to them no matter what, so they charge outrageous prices for labor to just put new projectors into old housings. I emailed them and got pretty arrogant replies back as well.
    Dunno man, I find their prices extremely good. I mean, $400 and change that includes the price of the projectors? It's got to be a couple of hours labor; I'm wondering how they make any money with their pricing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Dunno man, I find their prices extremely good. I mean, $400 and change that includes the price of the projectors? It's got to be a couple of hours labor; I'm wondering how they make any money with their pricing.

it's because they buy the projectors in bulk from TRS. the costs used to be a lot more. but i would rather pay that because they used OEM projectors and lenses. nowadays, everything they use are replicas. for awhile they were charging the same OEM projector price, but using replica projectors/lenses. glad to see they changed it. their price now is pretty competitve. that's about how much i would charge.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    it's because they buy the projectors in bulk from TRS. the costs used to be a lot more. but i would rather pay that because they used OEM projectors and lenses. nowadays, everything they use are replicas. for awhile they were charging the same OEM projector price, but using replica projectors/lenses. glad to see they changed it. their price now is pretty competitve. that's about how much i would charge.
    I thought TRS = Lightwerkz?
    Learned something new. Thanks.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

nah, TRS has been around way longer than Lightwerkz. actually TRS had a very bad rep because they ripped off a bunch of on HIDP. but after a few years, that's all changed now since TRS pretty much bought the forum. I've never had a problem with them, i usually just contact the owner directly when I need something. But there's a lot of retrofit shops that are associated/do business with TRS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast