Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Have you considered Dice Mediabridge? Sounds like BT is your big want, so maybe that'd be an option.
    I've gotten reviews of dice just destroying any Bluetooth Audio streaming tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    I have the Dynavin D99 and love it. For $699, you can't beat it. I would recommend the factory HVAC relocation bracket though, to maintain that OEM look.

Bill
    Bill is the audio streaming clear? I've also heard that the volume seems to be low when bt streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    My opinion, as worthless as it is, is shut up and drive. Your phone call can wait. If it can't, pull over and make the call. Again, just my .02.

I also hate navigation units and any other in-car technology that distracts or detracts from driving.
    Haha I understand that but when all I want to my song I spend more time digging for my phone to change the song. My current set up is a oem iPod cable In the glovebox. So If want to change a playlist I need to open the box, unplug the iPhone, change it, plug it back in the just drive.

Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    I've gotten reviews of dice just destroying any Bluetooth Audio streaming tho...

It's about as good as my dynavin v4 was. Neither is awesome. If you want quality sound, wired is the way to go. I just leave my old iPod in the glovebox, and I'm good to go.

Last edited by ryankokesh; 06-27-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    Bill is the audio streaming clear? I've also heard that the volume seems to be low when bt streaming?

I routed the ipod cable through my Euro center console, so I plug my phone in - crystal clear music playback, and it charges the phone at the same time. I have not tried to play music wirelessly and wasn't aware it was even possible with this unit.

The Bluetooth phone calls are very clear and effective. The only complaint I have, and I've seen others with it as well, is that the ipod navigation menu is a bit archaic. I think everyone is expecting a software update when the new unit is launched (expected winter of 2013 from what I hear).

By the way, I strongly recommend calling Jeff at J&T Distributing if you decide to go Dynavin. You can actually call him and he picks up right away. Versus dealing with Otto Nav or the other Amazon / eBay dealers that have no phone number and atrocious customer service!
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

All of that is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    I routed the ipod cable through my Euro center console, so I plug my phone in - crystal clear music playback, and it charges the phone at the same time. I have not tried to play music wirelessly and wasn't aware it was even possible with this unit.

The Bluetooth phone calls are very clear and effective. The only complaint I have, and I've seen others with it as well, is that the ipod navigation menu is a bit archaic. I think everyone is expecting a software update when the new unit is launched (expected winter of 2013 from what I hear).

By the way, I strongly recommend calling Jeff at J&T Distributing if you decide to go Dynavin. You can actually call him and he picks up right away. Versus dealing with Otto Nav or the other Amazon / eBay dealers that have no phone number and atrocious customer service!
    Thanks Bill, again great advice im calling him now haha

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
    I have the eonon d5150 and it's definitely got its drawbacks. Harness wire swap needed and trimming of the included antenna and iPod cables, bugs in OS, crap NAV and CAN bus issues resulting in input swap every start up....but given all this, I'd still buy it over again for the 340 dollars it cost. Bluetooth is a life saver....I was just fed up with fumbling for the phone. That alone made it worth it to me, but the iPod functionality is really good, Bluetooth streaming music and loading iGo 2.4 navigation made it much better. If you're set on the dynavin don't let it being aftermarket hold you back. The functionality really brings the e46 to current standards and that makes the car more valuable IMO.
    Wow, I was kinda thinking eonon but after this quote, I'm wondering now.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, I was kinda thinking eonon but after this quote, I'm wondering now.
    If you can get past the install issues. (wire swap, trimming of two cables), the only issues you'll have to deal with is changing the source every time you get in the car, and possible bugs in the OS...

Like I said, I'd do it again simply because of the ridiculously low price (relatively), but if that stuff bothers you...definitely go for the Dynavin instead.

dynavin D99 V5 here - fantastic with iGoPrimo nav software and WINce version (don't get android). Sound output is improved through stock speakers, even better through BSW or aftermarket. Bluetooth is good, make sure you mount the suppied mic VERY close to your mouth like on the driver side A pillar (OEM mic location doesn't do well). BT streaming is good, not AMAZING but good enough to use (you have to put the unit into phone mode like you are about to make a call). You can't combine streaming playback with nav which sucks but the iPod/aux input is there for you to use as well and quality is top notch. There are a few bugs every now and then but after looking over everything else out there, it's just something you accept if you go this route. Plug and play install is a breeze for even the timid DIY'er. Also a great thing I enjoy is it has the ability to integrate an expanded stereo system later if you choose, RCA and Subwoofer controls and preouts are a huge bonus you usually only get with the big aftermarket swaps like alpine/pioneer/jvc ect...

If you can snag one for $699 I'd say hell of a deal, I paid $8xx for mine a bout 18 months ago.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast