Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Gas tank breather hose falls off 2 days after mechanic installs new fuel pump...

2 weeks ago I sold my 03 325xi to a friend...and one week later the fuel pump goes by by'..ok fine it has 153k on it. I told her no problem I'll fix it. She says just get the parts and our mechanic will do the job (they own a tree service and have a mechanic on call). I got the parts that day in RENO and their mechanic fixed it the very next morning..bam done deal

2 days later I get a call from them in RENO and they say the car is leaking massive gas at the pump. I said wth? Call your mechanic maybe he botched the fix. Turns out the breather hose up near the filler popped off. Easy fix but they burned a AAA tow of 50 miles on their AAA plus account

After it was fixed they want me to pay for an hour of labor..100 bux. I called out the mechanic...and they say no way he fkd' up... this guy's the best in the world (or something to that effect).

Question: What the hell do you think happened or was it just a freak incident? Did joe super mechanic somehow monkey the breather hose wrestling the pump in?

It's no longer your car, its no longer your problem. You were not the one that replaced the pump and it certainly did not come off on its own. Tell them it's a fact of life that things happen like this, just gotta know who to take your car to for repairs. Super Joe probably isn't certified for automotive repairs so the blame is on him. Wash your hands clean of the car and try not to sell to friends in the future.

From a GS3, this was sent.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

all true and I don't need a lecture. Of course you don't sell to pals but sometimes it happens.

I had great confidence in the car...impeccable maintainance. I replaced all the usual suspects an E46 owner does. The car was SOLID...I drove it 40k and not once did it fk' with me

None of that addresses the question.

Can the breather hose be knocked loose changing a fuel pump?

Quote Originally Posted by MooseX View Post
    all true and I don't need a lecture. Of course you don't sell to pals but sometimes it happens.

I had great confidence in the car...impeccable maintainance. I replaced all the usual suspects an E46 owner does. The car was SOLID...I drove it 40k and not once did it fk' with me

None of that addresses the question.

Can the breather hose be knocked loose changing a fuel pump?
    While I have not replaced one in an E46, I have done so in an E30 & E36, and I would suspect that it is a possibility that a fitting or hose could've been jarred loose/cracked in process of changing the fuel pump, particularly if was pulled out of the way to remove/replace the fuel pump.

-Brettski

I meant they were filling it up at the gas station when the gas spilled..

I've never done an e46 either...

I just want to know if it's possible 'cause they seem to think it's IMPOSSIBLE..and they're being kinda' arrogant about it

But the way they seem to be saying that you're responsible is kinda ignorant. They ed to understand that shit happens outside of the previous owners hands.

I don't think its really possible unless the fitting isn't really secure. Check realoem.com for picture diagrams.

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Question: What the hell do you think happened or was it just a freak incident? Did joe super mechanic somehow monkey the breather hose wrestling the pump in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    It's no longer your car, its no longer your problem. You were not the one that replaced the pump and it certainly did not come off on its own.

all true and I don't need a lecture.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Only one of the two comments above are acceptable here on the Mafia. I'll let you guys figure out which one fits with our ideals and rules here.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

so it's possible. that's all I wanted to know....geez