Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon GM5150

Ordered, thanks for the tip! Everything should be here in a week or so.

Just got the EU-55 antenna. Where do I connect the blue cord coming from the set up?

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

To the Blue "ANT" wire.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    Just got the EU-55 antenna. Where do I connect the blue cord coming from the set up?
    I think I see where this is coming from. The blue wire on the harness I got says POW-ANT and is a female style connection. There is a second blue/white wire on the harness labeled SW1. The blue wire on the EU-55 antenna also has a female connection. Would it be correct to assume one of these should be stripped and inserted into the other? Here's my harness and the EU-55 wires:

Yes connect it to the Blue Power ANT wire. I would use different connectors than what is supplied as they don't stay connected very good.

I just finished my install. For that blue wire, I ended up cutting part of the connector off on the antenna side and it became a nice male fit to the female harness wire. I tested the reception, works perfectly in the garage. I opted not to hook up the external mic, the ipod, or usb cables. I never use my phone in the car to talk, won't ever buy an apple product, and have no need for usb in there. I hooked up the wifi & gps antennas just like you did.
    I tested miracast, which is good but not what I expected. I'll still need to access my phone to navigate apps. When the screen shuts off from inactivity, the mirroring on the gm5150 goes blank(sound continues to transmit). Unless the phone is in landscape mode, it's too small on the display. Looks like I will need to get a dock for my phone since the s2's dock doesn't fit the s4. Bluetooth synced up just fine. I noticed there seems to be an sd card slot on each side - is one specifically for gps and the other for file storage? I'm still waiting on an answer from eonon for the file system the card should be formatted in to load gps files. You don't happen to know that, do you? I'm assuming either fat or ntfs since it's windows ce. I am somewhat tired after the installation so I haven't gone through the setup menu or anything else.
    Replacing that dash bracket below the radio was the least fun part. If you have an automatic, the shifter needs to be in drive to have enough room to get it in and out. To even get to the screws on the bottom of the bracket, you need to remove the plate around the shifter, then remove the window switch plate. Once you get it out, you'll need a very small torx bit to remove the buttons from it. I didn't have one that small, so I used a pair of pliers to wrench them out and then back into the new one. If you have the smoker package, you also have to remove the lighter(metal cylinder the lighter plugs into) and ashtray and put those in the new bracket as it does not come with them.

Last edited by Tampa330i; 05-31-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    I noticed there seems to be an sd card slot on each side - is one specifically for gps and the other for file storage? I'm still waiting on an answer from eonon for the file system the card should be formatted in to load gps files. You don't happen to know that, do you? I'm assuming either fat or ntfs since it's windows ce.
    The SD slot on the Left is for music/movies and the one on the Right is for the GPS. Both can handle up to 16GB. The Nav has to be formatted in FAT32, recommend using a Class 10 SD card. I have a good copy of Igo Primo 2.4 if you are interested I could make a copy and send it to ya just pay for the new 8GB Class 10 SD card.

I have an Automatic so I know exactly what you went thru for the install.

Sounds good, thanks for the card info. I am going to take care of this tonight myself, though I appreciate the offer. Walmart sells 16g class 10 cards for $14, so I'm going to pick up 2 of those. I already have igo 8, I heard that works on here as well.
    If you have the usb in hooked up - do you charge your phone on it? If so, any idea how many amps it draws? I'm going to venture I can't pull 2 amps from it, which is what I need for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    Sounds good, thanks for the card info. I am going to take care of this tonight myself, though I appreciate the offer. Walmart sells 16g class 10 cards for $14, so I'm going to pick up 2 of those. I already have igo 8, I heard that works on here as well.
    If you have the usb in hooked up - do you charge your phone on it? If so, any idea how many amps it draws? I'm going to venture I can't pull 2 amps from it, which is what I need for my phone.
    Welcome...

I have an iPhone and don't charge my phone via the USB so I'm not sure. I would PM Carlos from Eonon over on E46Fanatics.

Where did you get Igo 8? I've heard it does work well on the GM5150?

I charge my iphone via the usb + lighting adapter. Works fine there. I do think it's just a 1 amp and would not be strong enough to charge a ipad.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast