Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 M Mike View Post
    A MK V R32 is my DD.

Original owner of it for over 8 years and almost 88k miles and it's been virtually bulletproof. There were like 4 recalls early on in its life, but other than an issue with the wiring to the mass air flow sensor and the passenger side mirror glass falling out it's been problem free.

It would be better if it had a manual instead of the dual sequentials, but despite that "flaw" I'm still absolutely tickled and enamored of this vehicle. It steers and handles as well as any BMW I've ever owned. I first test drove a GTI with a stick and it was really very engaging and fun, but found the steering to be a downer (although better than the rubbish eps in BMW's, still too much slop in the rack for my liking). The R32 on the other hand is an absolute hooligan with razor sharp electro-mechanical steering rack (variable sport assist), great comportment and balance (surprising for something piggy) all the way to the limits. I also like the linear power delivery of the VR6, and when you spank it to WOT the exhaust sings an absolute Aria. 4Motion cuts up to 10 inches of fresh, un-plowed snow with verve and delight. So it's all in the eyes and the wallet of the beholder to determine whether those characteristics are worth the additional outlay.

A big benny is it definitely allows you to fly under the radar as I've never accumulated even a single MV infraction.

For the past 3 or 4 years I've kept my options open for potential replacements. The subsequent two R successor's are interesting, but their 4 banger stock exhaust sounds a bit milquetoast compared to MK IV and MK V and the car is paid for so unless it's an emergency I'll be pleased to drive the wheels off it before relinquishing the keys.
    Beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I would do an e39, 6 spd with lowest miles I could find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I can't stand the idea of just one to drive. I have a tough time picking which one to drive some days, though the type of drive often dictates which vehicle I take. I love the zhp for the nimble refined comfortable ride if it's me alone or with a passenger and no encumbrances (cuz coupe) and I typically won't drive it in SF cuz sinkholes. The e39 m5 is just the awesome highway monster. the e28 535is is to an e28 m5 like the zhp to and m3 in many ways, and I probably say this only because I can't justify an e28 m5 (yet?), though she's tired and headed for a rebuild (or swap?); the e28 is a refined (for the era) comfortable cruiser. The x3 is very much like the zhp in urban assault mode and used for city / mountain treks - I'd probably keep it over the ZHP cuz four doors awd and still 6mt. the 2002 is more like a go-kart today but so much fun and timeless. But i think if I had to pick one to drive for $25K and no snow/mountains involved, it's the e12. Ballsy not unlike the M5 in many ways, though so light and nimble in comparison. I am so surprised these aren't appreciated more. I could do a lot with 25K less the cost of a dry e12 shell that's still fairly easily to locate at under 4K.

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

We had a 135i soft too before kids. That thing was a blast, even with slushbox. Haven't really gotten cheap enough to re engage my interest yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    We had a 135i soft too before kids. That thing was a blast, even with slushbox. Haven't really gotten cheap enough to re engage my interest yet.

How's the back seat legroom for an adult?

Non existent lol

On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    How's the back seat legroom for an adult?

Legroom? lol
    The legroom isn't even acceptable in a standard coupe, unfortunately.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Legroom? lol
    The legroom isn't even acceptable in a standard coupe, unfortunately.
    Agreed. That's why Colin got rid of his Ci.
    I've seen a few ppl say its wasn't too bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Well since I don't I guess my answer is an e46 M3???

If it's a wish list:

Porsche 911
    Porsche Cayman S

That's a stretch if money isn't any object, wouldn't be able to afford even a 997.1 or 986 of those models.

If I was on the same budget I am now (or close) in order:

Audi TTRS
    Audi S4
    BMW 135i
    Audi SQ5
    A really clean, low mile, e36 M3 manual trans sedan with dove grey interior.

Goin' HAM mobile
    My new answer is 997.2 C4S which I will likely hold out for as the next ride in a few years when it's time to retire the M3s

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast