Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G.A.S. Kit install video and review doityourself

Kit is awesome. Toughest part for me was wiring the vacuum lever out of the way, and scraping old o-ring material out of o-ring groove (This actually took longer than installing the kit for me). I haven't test driven yet....but will update after driving tomorrow.

Video is up loading. The DIY instructions at http://www.germanautosolutions.com/DISA_DIY.html are excellent but sometimes video can be helpful as well, as it will show you some of the area's I had problems with. I found that a small pick was quite handy.

Ensure you install the new retaining clip on the bell crank after you have installed the kit. I did not do this in the video, and had to take the cover back off and install it.

DRIVING CONFIDENCE THROUGH 3750 RPM'S

Just took the ZHP for a nice long spin (Probably 30 miles). Prior to installing the G.A.S. kit I had zero confidence going through 3750 rpm's. Instead, I would always just shift early to prevent the "bog" from occurring. It was a serious bog (for me) that would seriously all but stop the cars acceleration.

After the install 99% of my driving confidence has been restored when pushing through 3750 rpm's. There is a barely perceptible stumble (only I would notice), that can be somewhat felt through the gas pedal. IMHO it has a "zero effect" on performance.....and may actually get better as the new parts break in and settle.

Thanks to German Auto Solutions for an excellent product.

I will update if conditions change.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Going to be installing mine tomorrow.
    ~Jeff

2003 330i / Orion V2 AEs / ASA GT1 Wheels / CDV Delete / OEM Aux / AFE Pro5 Intake

Video added to OP.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

looking forward to your impressions after driving.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Dane the video link doesn't work.

Getting the oring out was a PITA for sure.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Dane the video link doesn't work.

Getting the oring out was a PITA for sure.

Bayerische-Motoren-Werke
    Works perfect for me.

My verdict is in, and has been placed in the OP.

Youtube won't launch in TT. Super annoying.

Nice review, DW.

Sent from Jefferson, NC.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Youtube won't launch in TT. Super annoying.

Nice review, DW.

Sent from Jefferson, NC.
    True. Didn't think of that. Thanks J.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Crestwood1001 Guest
    Dane great video, but PLEASE talk on the next one, there is nothing better then a nice lony DIY video where the person explains it while they do it. That ruined the video for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast