Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My ZHP is Totaled

Hello Mafia,

I do a lot of lurking on this site and was getting excited to finally start on improvements to my car, but will not be able to as the car is now totaled. I was rear ended while exiting a freeway off ramp here in Dallas.

Right now I am going back and forth with the insurance company regarding the true value of the car. Does anybody have any information that I could provide them the true value? I am hoping to get more than the $9500.00 that the insurance company is offering.

It is a 2004 4 door with 83,000 miles. Car has black sapphire metallic paint over the black alcantara interior. Interior is a 9/10 and the exterior is a 9/10 and it is all stock with the 6 speed manual.

Thanks, Denny Z.
    2003 330i ZHP | Titanium Sliver Metallic over Grey Leather | 4 Door | Huntsville, AL

Sorry to hear. Give them listings of ZHPs in similar condition and try to stress the rarity of the car.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by DenzZHP View Post
    Hello Mafia,

I do a lot of lurking on this site and was getting excited to finally start on improvements to my car, but will not be able to as the car is now totaled. I was rear ended while exiting a freeway off ramp here in Dallas.

Right now I am going back and forth with the insurance company regarding the true value of the car. Does anybody have any information that I could provide them the true value? I am hoping to get more than the $9500.00 that the insurance company is offering.

It is a 2004 4 door with 83,000 miles. Car has black sapphire metallic paint over the black alcantara interior. Interior is a 9/10 and the exterior is a 9/10 and it is all stock with the 6 speed manual.

Thanks, Denny Z.
    Damn sorry to hear Denny.

As a reference point my ZHP has 108,000miles and was recently in an accident that did $8100.xx and theu did not total it, so I would talk your insurance company.

They clearly have the value all wrong and in the end it may not be totaled.

If you have pictures of the damage feel free to send them to me and I can compare them to mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Car sounds like its worth easily up to $13,500.

Get some appraisals from different company's and make sure you have documented history of the car.

Sorry you had the misfortune of being in the accident. The best part is that you are okay. Be well.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

RIP. Was the damage that bad that the insurance totaled it? Any pictures of the car?

Yes, I am fine and the insurance company did total it. The C pillars were compromised in the collision and both front seats will have to be replaced as the upright to each seat broke and fell back during the collision. It was odd that after the accident I almost found myself laying down inside the car.

There was some major damage to the body work and we did not even get an estimate on the mechanical issues that would also need to be repaired. I took some pictures of the exterior but not the interior. The adjuster also took a bunch of pictures.

It was a pretty big collision as I was pushed forward roughly 40 feet.
    2003 330i ZHP | Titanium Sliver Metallic over Grey Leather | 4 Door | Huntsville, AL

Wow that is crazy....their estimate is way off though.

I agree with about that the 13k range is where it should be.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Glad to hear you are okay. Sounds like a bad hit. What kind of car or truck hit you that hard?

NADA gives you 11,500 and that is what insurance companies used when I was in the business years ago.

http://www.nadaguides.com/iphone.asp...0~341&vi=52820

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

It was a 2009 Lexus LS460. His car was in bad shape also as the airbags had deployed. After he gave his account of the collision to the officer on the scene, he got in his crunched car and drove off. The officer was a little perplexed as to why the guy would just get in his car and drive away. He did not go after him as he had all of his contact information. I had a good laugh at that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast