Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

Yes, planing on nudging, not fighting insurance. So far, the comparisons are to other 330's, xi's, etc. I'm going to provide them with any and all ZHP's I find locally.

I was hoping to find a break down somewhere of parts that are on a ZHP, not a 330.

Something like:

Special Door Sills
    M badged shift knob
    6 speed trans vs 5 speed
    different gearing
    M badged 3 spoke steering wheel
    darker headliner
    special black or silver cube trim

etc. Something I can print and take with me to the adjuster and show him, here sir, here are the differences and why the car is worth more.

Much appreciated guys.
    10 more hp than a normal 330. Different bumpers, shadowline trim. Different control arms. Exclusive 135 style wheels.

I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

Yes, planing on nudging, not fighting insurance. So far, the comparisons are to other 330's, xi's, etc. I'm going to provide them with any and all ZHP's I find locally.

I was hoping to find a break down somewhere of parts that are on a ZHP, not a 330.

Something like:

Special Door Sills
    M badged shift knob
    6 speed trans vs 5 speed
    different gearing
    M badged 3 spoke steering wheel
    darker headliner
    special black or silver cube trim

etc. Something I can print and take with me to the adjuster and show him, here sir, here are the differences and why the car is worth more.

Much appreciated guys.
    This

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Package-Option
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, long time!

That's exactly what I needed there buddy!

So far, the 6 cars they used in their comparison, there's a single ZHP. It's also the second highest price in the list by only $400.

Others are 330i, non-sport auto, one not even listed FS anymore, and had to use BMW VIN Decoder to find details, another non-ZHP auto base, etc.

I've kindly sent an email to the claims guy asking if he's ok with me providing him additional information for an apples to apples comparison. I've gathered all listings in the 3 biggest cities nearest of me as well and providing detailed service records.

Now that we are this far...

They are offering me 7k for the car. My suspicions are correct, I'm about 1500 or so too low. Thanks for the input guys and if you have any experiences to add, etc I'd greatly appreciate it!

I also totaled my 2003 TiAg ZHP 4-door but with a special declared/agreed value policy, there is no discussing the value of the pre-crash car. Instead we are arguing about the buy-back cost of the wrecked car. I believe the adjuster valued my car at $6750 before the accident but it had 191K miles and I don't think the adjuster factored in any of the mods of maintenance, since we did not discuss the maintenance history. He was only evaluating the potential repair costs. Also mine did not have the premium or cold weather packages and was cloth interior.

I believe to recreate the car by buying one of the local ZHPs for sale and bringing all the maintenance up to date and replicating the mods, it would cost me around $12,000 (including coilovers, VANOS seals, DISA upgrade, Shark Injector, etc.). That doesn't mean mine was worth that much before the crash, but that's my "replacement cost."

I'd guess your're about right that they are undervaluing your car by $1500 or $2000, depending on interior and exterior condition.

PM your email and I'll send you what I recently sent to insurance a few months ago. My 2003 ZHP 6MT with 180k miles on it settled for $12.7K CAD. They were first going to give me $7.5K for it until I schooled them about the special package it had and how highly sought after it was and how they compared my car against a base 330i.

I also got a little extra from recent maintenance too. I can email you my professional estimate too so you can go over.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    PM your email and I'll send you what I recently sent to insurance a few months ago. My 2003 ZHP 6MT with 180k miles on it settled for $12.7K CAD. They were first going to give me $7.5K for it until I schooled them about the special package it had and how highly sought after it was and how they compared my car against a base 330i.

I also got a little extra from recent maintenance too. I can email you my professional estimate too so you can go over.
    Could you please send that to me too! PM inbound.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Rovert, sent you a PM.

LivesNearCosto, I had a very similar Stated Value policy on a previous car, so I know how that works. Wasn't so concerned on the ZHP with what I bought it for vs. what it was worth at the time, I thought i had it all covered.

Again, I don't think the insurance company is far off, and I expected their first offer to be low. I've kindly sent the claims adjuster an email last night and asked if I could provide him with some details and actual comparisons of ZHP's for sale in a nearby vicinity. Hopefully we can come to terms and I can get back in another soon.

... Car and Driver or other articles ...
    Dave
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...kage-road-test

good luck - Peter

10. My friend totaled his ZHP this past winter. The car was stock and had under 60K miles. He got ~13K for it. Just providing this as a data point. Keep in mind that insurance companies do not care what mods you had on the car. And in general, for non-enthusiasts, mods don't actually add any value to the car.
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast