Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have had BC Racing coils on my ///M for 3 years before installing another set on my ZHP last year. I have been pleased with how these sets performed during daily/spirited driving. The road by where I live has deteriorated to a point that there are many bumps and dips in the road and these coilovers handle them without any issues. If you went to my project threads for both cars you will see just how low I have them set and still I have no issues driving (well... the sig pic below shows my ///M as it sits today). For the money, you can't beat these coilovers
    Nice. I've looked through your threads before and I like the way the M sits. I don't think I'd go any lower than that though.

Do you do any autox with either car? And does anyone know the life expectancy for coils? I was thinking it would be around the same as the stock suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Nice. I've looked through your threads before and I like the way the M sits. I don't think I'd go any lower than that though.

Do you do any autox with either car? And does anyone know the life expectancy for coils? I was thinking it would be around the same as the stock suspension.
    I'm thinking the same thing that these coilovers are good to about 80-90k or so....similar to stock suspension. I really love how planted these coilovers make you feel for how much you're paying. Alot of bang for the buck so to speak... I don't autox either cars at present but BP and Chad have been after me to do this.... I will most likely autox the ZHP although the thought of autoxing the ///M sounds even more tempting.... If I decide to autox either car, I will have to raise the ride height some....

How do you like that set up?
    It rides great except I cannot lower the rear.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I've always used Bilsteins when possible - my zhp came with KWv2's on it so they stayed that way and I was satisfied. I've had PSS9's and PSS10's on the current M3, both great - PSS10 feels better though and easier to adjust.

However if you're just looking for daily driver and occasional autoX stiffness why not just do some Koni adjustables and eibach sport springs? It'll save you about $1000 and give you a nice bump in performance while remaining comfortable for normal driving.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Well the time has come to refresh my suspension so I've decided that I want to go with a set of coilovers but I'm not sure which would be the best fit for me. Right now, I'm looking at the ST V1's or spend a little more for KW V1/2's or Bilstien PSS10's. I'm not looking to slam my car, just a decent drop to close the wheel gap and something that will be good for autox & daily duties.

Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    I carry coilovers http://www.brakeyourself.com/Performance/Suspension

but for ZHPmafia pm me :D
    Agree. PM Ray for Mafia pricing.

I've had the KW V1's for awhile now and love them. V2's I'm sure would be good for track duty as well as the 10's.

No flame suit required!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing that these coilovers are good to about 80-90k or so....similar to stock suspension. I really love how planted these coilovers make you feel for how much you're paying. Alot of bang for the buck so to speak... I don't autox either cars at present but BP and Chad have been after me to do this.... I will most likely autox the ZHP although the thought of autoxing the ///M sounds even more tempting.... If I decide to autox either car, I will have to raise the ride height some....
    Nice. I think I'll definitely have to take these into strong consideration now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    I've always used Bilsteins when possible - my zhp came with KWv2's on it so they stayed that way and I was satisfied. I've had PSS9's and PSS10's on the current M3, both great - PSS10 feels better though and easier to adjust.

However if you're just looking for daily driver and occasional autoX stiffness why not just do some Koni adjustables and eibach sport springs? It'll save you about $1000 and give you a nice bump in performance while remaining comfortable for normal driving.
    Thanks. I'd rather go with coilovers for the extra ride height adjustability.

Right now my choices are between the ST's for $860, BC BR's for around $995 and I found a guy selling a new set of PSS10's for $1350 obo and another guy selling some used KW V2's for $1000 obo. Has anyone bought a used set of coilovers for their cars? Anything to look out for?

Just make sure the struts or shocks aren't blown. Besides that. Should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    Just make sure the struts or shocks aren't blown. Besides that. Should be good.
    +1

Buying new however you won't have these issues to consider, or wear and tear on the coilovers themselves....

Nice. I think I'll definitely have to take these into strong consideration now.

Thanks. I'd rather go with coilovers for the extra ride height adjustability.

Right now my choices are between the ST's for $860, BC BR's for around $995 and I found a guy selling a new set of PSS10's for $1350 obo and another guy selling some used KW V2's for $1000 obo. Has anyone bought a used set of coilovers for their cars? Anything to look out for?
    Yeah I've done used and payed dearly for it. Mostly cuz sellers are seldom honest about condition and you don't know that till they are installed and rides on.

I'd go new if I were you.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast