Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Mine has been doing it more often recently! This car is making me angry lately! Oil leaks, SES, pillars starting to sag, etc. All happened out of knowhere! Ugh!

My desk has been on for a while now. The fabric strip on one of the A-pillar Airbag covers came of yesterday :-(

Sent from my iPhone with TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    My desk has been on for a while now. The fabric strip on one of the A-pillar Airbag covers came of yesterday :-(

Sent from my iPhone with TaT.
    The pillars bother the hell out of me, but mechanical issues always come first! I'll put up with some saggy pillars so I can fix some oil leaks!

Speaking of, I fixed the intake boot today!
    Untitled by Danny Sawyer, on Flickr

Nice big hole! This thing was much harder to change than I thought it would be. Overall, it isn't bad, but the hose clamp from the boot to the throttle body is so hard to get to and hardly any room to get to a tool in there!

Also confirmed that the oil leak is from the OFHG! I am thrilled to find this out! :D
    Untitled by Danny Sawyer, on Flickr

I was planning on doing the OFHG over Thanksgiving break, but had so many other things to do that it now has to wait until the semester is over! There is now a new noise that the car is making. I'm guessing that it is from a pulley, but it doesn't happen all of the time! Seems to be only occasionally during idle. So now I have that to look into as well!

Here is a random picture just to make me feel better about this maintenance!

And I was going to install the clear tail lights, but the inner trunk lights were so messed up on the inside that they didn't reflect light well and you could see the scuffs through the lenses. So now I need to decide if there is a way to refinish them or just buy new inner lights.

I finally got around to doing to OFHG with the help of a good friend of mine. He had just done his a week ago, so he knew what he was doing! It was leaking pretty badly and there was oil EVERYWHERE! I tried to clean the engine as best as possible, and will get to the rest of the underside later. We were tired and I couldn't spend all day in his garage cleaning everything!

Overall, it isn't a hard job to do it is just time consuming. Most of the time is spent cleaning everything off since oil manages to go into every nook and cranny! Here is a before and after.

The undertray and the metal brace were covered! I sadly forgot to take after pictures, but they looked almost brand new in comparison.

Cleaning off the underside a bit

And we used just a couple of cans of brake cleaner! haha I feel like these cans only last a few seconds! They run out so quickly!

Now I need to finish cleaning off the underside of the car sometime before school starts back up, but I am much happier now that the leak is fixed!

Good stuff. Agree, not a hard job, but a few steps to get to it. Definitely a good thing to get done.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks! Definitely happy to have it done now!

Haven't updated this in forever! Been really busy lately. Graduated college, started my career, and moved out of on my own. Life got in the way of things.

Over the summer, I had to get new front tires on the car. Discount Tire scratched the hell out of my BBS's. I have a picture somewhere, but can't seem to find them. Had a phone break and lost some pictures so it may be lost. Anyways, I have a really good friend that works there, but he wasn't able to work on my car, and it got damaged. He felt terrible, but I knew he would make it right. So they sent the wheel off for repair and if it didn't look right, they were going to order me a new one. Well, it came back totally the wrong color and the paint was garbage. Dirt in the paint with a ton of orange peel. It was bad! Only picture I can find of it at the moment:

The driver side front is was way too silver and not enough nickel/charcoal or Diamond Black as BBS calls it. You can even see it with the Killboy watermark in the way! :D

Ended up getting a new wheel and it was definitely shinier and nicer than the 3 wheels that have probably 120,000 miles on them, but its WAY closer than before. I'm happy with it. The average person would never see it, but I do.

I've had RCR tail lights sitting in the garage for years now. I bought them from a member on here, but the trunk lights were too dirty for my liking and so I cracked them open to clean them. I noticed that the reflective surface had been worn out and it wasn't too my liking. So I got a set of trunk lights and swapped the lenses over.

At the same time I put on some fresh new BMW roundels since the front and rear decided to fail at the same time! Here is a nice before/after on the rear.

MUCH BETTER! The car also got a wash, clay, and wax between those photos! Wish I would have done that when I got these years ago! It makes the car look so much newer.

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast