Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Pilot super sports aren't cheap, but tire rack has a $70 gift card if you buy four. Not bad.

I'm with Seth on this one myself, though. The Conti DW/DWS lines have proven to be some of the most popular tires on the block. The DW will run you $624 for a set now. Good deal if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Pilot super sports aren't cheap, but tire rack has a $70 gift card if you buy four. Not bad.

I'm with Seth on this one myself, though. The Conti DW/DWS lines have proven to be some of the most popular tires on the block. The DW will run you $624 for a set now. Good deal if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone
    Definitely a good deal and I'll be filling out the papers for the $70 rebate (aka visa gift card). Unfortunately I was under a time/availability crunch as well. I was in Raleigh NC, leaving that night for MD. I needed to get it done asap. Well, after almost 350 miles in about 5.75 hours, I'm loving the A/S 3's.

Noice! Glad you're enjoying them

Sent from my iPhone

I don't know if PSS are the best for the buck, but to me (and apparently others) they are the best that are not ridiculously priced... they are not cheap though.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Agreed there JR. Top performer for a reasonable price however it really all comes down to what you are using them for.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

FWIW switched recently to PS3's on the Avant sport wagon from DWS's. They do drive differently, more like the PSS's on the ZHP which I love. I'll let you guys know after I put some more miles on them and take them around a few on ramps etc at speed as to how much better. They were almost $200 more for the set when all done.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Agreed there JR. Top performer for a reasonable price however it really all comes down to what you are using them for.
    Yes, forgot to mention that like I did in other posts. For those, I'm talking summer tires. Thanks for the reminder.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Yeah I hear Ya buddy but even different summers have different use/purposes. DW's and PSS are great Max Summer tires that both will last a while with a 300 tread wear rating but don't think for a second they will outperform a Star Spec or RE-11 on a track or even autoX. All are considered summer tires but the different classes are there for a reason so it's important to be objective pertaining to use.

That being said I think we were assuming all around performance for the money in which case yes I agree with you.

A max summer will get you about 80-85% performance of an extreme. And a PSS is top rated but expensive and a DW is about 95% just as good as a PSS from what I hear. So to me for the money the DW is a winner for a car driven spiritedly on the road and might see a track once in a while.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Best bang/buck imho:

Summer: Cooper RS3-S... no joke... these are better performing tires than Michelin PS2.
    All-Season: Kumho Ecsta 4X... not great in snow, but they are definitely a solid performing tire.

BMW CCA # 510252

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234