Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So....why do you think BMW engineers decided to make the E46 ///M3 only in a coupe then?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    To elaborate on this, e46 coupes all have folding rear seats, thus one without them is non-existent.

If you look at all the big, German manufacturers Touring class of race vehicle, they are all sedans. I definitely think the sedan is a much better looking vehicle when in full-race dress.

So an e46 M3 CSL sedan, sunroof delete and non-folding rear seats, would have been the best track car in the time period...Pool our funds and build one from scratch? Take turns for 3 months at a time? My only request is that it get's painted Inka...fap fap fap
    I've got a pretty good head start on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP-Mafia View Post
    I've got a pretty good head start on this.
    So you'll supply the donor car then, huh?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Absolutely!

DO IT

I really enjoy the practicality and sportiness of my car. For the record it is without a sunroof and folding seats (just like James'!). The E46 M3 drivetrain's mannerisms are well contained in this chassis...Very drivable and simply inspires confidence. You guys are most welcome to use my car as a model.. Even then you may find things to change / improve upon.

-Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Ian, I used to bend and notch tubes in the past..Circa 2002-2003 I was in a partnership called Motion Engineering and did a handful of cages among other things. I can say that I personally prefer the sedan due to being able to simply open the rear doors and work inside..

Ian, I understand your concern with the whole LSD thing. It is vital IMO. Were you at the mafia rendezvous at the Spectrum? I ask because I do not recall us meeting yet I see my car in the photos you took. lol.

-Terry
    Haha small world. Personally, I prefer doing cages on targa top coupes: TIG is the only way I role and fitting a torch and rod above the hoop can be a real pain.

Do you have an LSD in your ZHP?

Ian

LOL. I will not begin to disgust you with my stories of filling gaps via MIG

The rear end is all M3... I'm under the imrpession it's a 3.64 LSD. It's the Rogue Engineering ZHP S54 transplant car.

-Terry

You gonna track it with me? I mean, I'll be an easy kill!

Ian

Coupes rule, sedans drool.

/thread
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    So....why do you think BMW engineers decided to make the E46 ///M3 only in a coupe then?
    Because they based it on customer demands, not if it was good or not on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
    Coupes rule, sedans drool.

/thread
    I'll agree with this

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast