Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
    I thought that the replacement airbag is tied to the VIN. That's what Kristen told me when I was concerned that my replacement would be used for someone else before I could get the car there... I don't think they can just pull one off the shelf and install it?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If they send out 2 separate notices, spaced adequately apart, this allows two spaced out visits to the dealer, which allows them two opportunities to inspect your car, identify deficiencies, with the possibility of selling service.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Yeah I don't even want them touching my car in the first place lol that's 2 times they have the chance to break something in your car somewhere (a lot of times unrelated to the task) and cover it up. I used to work at a few bmw/merc dealerships, that's what I would see happen all the time. I gotta take off my cf trim for them too since that is too fragile for them probably.

I am going to have a 400 mile drive to Minneapolis when I get mine done. I haven't even contacted the dealer yet because I want to wait till the weather is better with no chance of snow. I suppose I probably should give them a call soon anyway just to get in line for when I'm ready to make the trip. The only other time I drove down there for service I got caught in the worst rainstorm my car has ever seen, by far. I fact, it's only seen rain a handful of times since I bought it in 2009.

When I installed my dark silver cube trim it was such a tight fit that I think I'd rather let them damage it (and order me a new piece) than doing it myself. I'm sure I'll give it a try first though just in case it does come off easier than it went on. If I do let them take it off I'm hoping to have them leave it off so I can install the aux input I have laying around after I get back home.

Barry

New BMW airbag inflator recall

If they send out 2 separate notices, spaced adequately apart, this allows two spaced out visits to the dealer, which allows them two opportunities to inspect your car, identify deficiencies, with the possibility of selling service.

The friendliest forum on the planet.
    Neither dealership my dad and I had our recalls done at gave the car any kind of inspection. We both have issues they could have easily tried to sell us on.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

They called me and said the car is almost done. They did a basic safety inspection and noticed my oil pan gasket leak but did not read for any stored fault codes. I asked if I can have the defective airbag for Car Control Clinic demos but I doubt they will let me have it for liability reasons.

On my E36, if the seat belt buckle sensor says I'm unbuckled when I crash (even though I am buckled in), does that mean the airbag will deploy harder (2-stage airbag) or deploy in a softer crash than if the sensor is working? Does the E36 have such a sophisticated airbag system? BTW my service advisor said he just bought a 1998 E36 M3/4/5.

I'm still waiting....

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Recall done... the dealership provided a shuttle ride to my office and I took Uber back to the dealership later. They wouldn't let me have the old airbag. Now just waiting for the driver's side airbag recall...

Just had mine done this morning! Chris (my SA there) is really nice. He showed me a picture of his ZHP from a few years ago. Met another guy (invited him on here) with a grey ZHP coupe. All around, good ZHP day.
    Their wash stripped off my roundel though... Chris quickly replaced it without me asking. I was hoping for 50% a new one, not free
    He also attempted to fix my broken clip on the cube trim above my radio. Used some double sided tape to hold it in place.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Did you keep the old one ? I remember one guy on ebay was selling his stripped off roundel some time ago.

Nope. Didn't ask for it. It all happened so fast, and I was so shocked that they replaced it. I just said thank you.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Page 69 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast