Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ^ if the speakers are compliant and still have life in them.

This is why i would spend money on speakers before I would put money on a HU (unless HU dies of course).
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

For sure

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Head Unit has to go before the speakers do. Now that I've sold my Camry, thank you Jesus, this project has the highest priority. My brother does car stereo/security installs for a living and he'll be helping me over Labor Day weekend. ((Put yo hands up, put em up high!)) Sry, got side tracked. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Eonon D5150V and ordering the camera for another $50 so my out of pocket would be $425 out the door without having to replace any speakers and getting so much functionality that the stock HU can't provide. I'm not counting on the sound to be hugely upgraded from the HU but it might, just might, be good enough to leave it alone afterwards, wouldn't that be grand!

Question:
    Other than Eonon and Dynavin are there any other options for modernizing our e46's with bluetooth/apps/etc?
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Avin. After all the horror stories with others I'll pay the premium for an Avin Avant 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP Dave View Post
    Avin. After all the horror stories with others I'll pay the premium for an Avin Avant 2.
    That looks really nice. Looks like eBay has it for $600 which is considerably higher but I can't make it work if it's the best fit. I'll have to check out the reviews on it later tonight. Anyone have the Avin Avant 2 and want to share your findings/feedback?
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I remember reading an Avant-2 review on E46Fanatics front page a while back. Tracked it down here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1048690

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I remember reading an Avant-2 review on E46Fanatics front page a while back. Tracked it down here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1048690
    Nice read, thanks for sharing. Not including the rear camera it still looks to be $600 on eBay or $700 through AVIN's website. I don't see the value between the Eonon D5150V and the Avin Avant 2.
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

Quote Originally Posted by 330i Lover View Post
    Nice read, thanks for sharing. Not including the rear camera it still looks to be $600 on eBay or $700 through AVIN's website. I don't see the value between the Eonon D5150V and the Avin Avant 2.
    I couldn't really tell you other than from browsing some reviews, the Avin unit sounds like it is pretty much the most customizable with apps/settings. If you're pretty set on the functions that come with the Eonon unit, then there's no real reason to shell out additional cash for the Avin unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I couldn't really tell you other than from browsing some reviews, the Avin unit sounds like it is pretty much the most customizable with apps/settings. If you're pretty set on the functions that come with the Eonon unit, then there's no real reason to shell out additional cash for the Avin unit.
    One feature that I realized the Eonon D5150V doesn't have is the capability of having apps like Spotify/Pandora installed on the head unit itself. I guess the other Eonon unit (GA5150F) does have those features for $459. Which is still considerably cheaper. I'm somewhat torn now. Technically through Bluetooth (BT) you can play whatever's playing on your phone but I may or may not get the artist & track info, unlike the GA5150F or Avin AV 2 that will have it through the Head Unit and show more info.
    I'm confused on how the GA5150F or the Avin AV 2 gets the internet from your phone unless you have wifi hopspot. I don't have that option with my cell phone carrier (straight talk) so I don't see how that would work for me.
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

I think you have to get a mobile hotspot for the Avin, not sure about the Eonon. I'm not sure what phone you're on but if you have an iPhone you can jailbreak it and unlock the hotspot feature. Only really useful if you have unlimited data. Otherwise you'll probably hit your data cap pretty quick.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast