Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I let Botond drive my Porsche today. This was his first time in a Porsche let alone driving one

I was enjoying the view from my passenger's seat

I'll let Botond post his thoughts on driving my turbo

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
    I love it when people with nice cars give us low class people an opportunity to enjoy the finer things in life

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    BP what where you thinking in that photo??
    Charlie can never wait for me to get situated before snapping a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by orange260z View Post
    Where do I put the key?
    Did that too... when trying to shut it off.

So, coming from the perspective of someone who's never been in a Porsche before today, I can say a few words from my "never owned a fast car" (it's all relative) point of view.

The fastest car I've ever driven before this Porsche was Tony's F80 M3 (which I thoroughly enjoyed ). That car doesn't have near the power that Charlie's 911 Turbo (hereby referred to as 997T) has, so there is a big gap there. What I can say is that from the power department standpoint, the Porsche would leave the F80 in the dust. Let's not forget that the F80 is a very powerful - and fast - car.

Most of us don't ever get to drive fast cars, so even an E46 M3 would seem like a rocketship to us "non-acquainted" folk. But, as fast as the E46 M3 is, its speed is deceptive. It's a car that you have to wring out to get the power out of - it's a rev whore.

The 997T is on a whole 'nother planet. If we were to break it down into tiers, cars like the ZHP would be Tier 2 cars. The E46 M3 would be Tier 3. The 997T is a Tier 5 car without a doubt.

An easier way to describe it would be an airplane. You get all of the thrusty feeling you get when you're about to take off in a plane, and you also get all of the rushing wind noise as well. The only thing you don't get is takeoff. All this, and you don't even have to pass 2k rpm to get started.

The throttle pedal response is amazing, and makes me wonder why the fawk BMW can't get that right. You press the pedal and it immediately applies throttle, none of this lag nonsense that non-M E46's suffer so badly from. It feels like it's a throttle cable! I sure do miss that feeling...

When you put your foot down, you get an initial "testing phase" - it will accelerate a bit as though it was asking you "are you sure you want to do this?" phase, and then a split second later it will say "that's what I thought" and will lay it on you. Once that happens, you might as well have pressed a hyperspace button. You'd probably be able to outaccelerate an E46 M3 at full song in third while just keeping it in sixth in the 997T. It is truly scary how quickly it will reach 130+ mph.

Me being me, I was quite timid when driving Charlie's car. I don't like flogging other peoples' cars, especially if they are more powerful than mine, so I wasn't exactly out to test the limits with the car. what I can tell you, however, is that with the timid driving that I was doing, I probably still would have done laps around the ZHP at nearly maximum effort in the same corners. One particular awesome, twisty on ramp comes to mind. It's a long right-hand sweeper, followed by a short straight, and a quick left-right combo that leads you on to the highway. The car was glued to the road, and has good transitional abilities. The steering ratio is quite fast - faster than the ZHP's awesome ratio. That required minimal steering wheel turning to go around these corners expediently.

Brakes? Check. Charlie's speed demonstration also included some minor braking action. By minor, I mean "well-into-the-triple-digit speeds" with moderate braking pressure brought us right back down to 70 with ease. Those Brembo GT's are amazing brakes.

There are other thoughts about the car as well, but I'm not exactly about to write a book on the thing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by hcbeck2689 View Post
    I love it when people with nice cars give us low class people an opportunity to enjoy the finer things in life
    Interesting that you say this ... I think I know what you're getting at...

Just to be clear...I don't allow just anyone to drive my cars, especially my Porsche. I put a lot of time, effort and heart into each of my cars and Botond has, on many occasions, made the 2hr drive to come and give me a hand on both of my BMWs.

He has earned my trust and that is why I have no problem with him driving my cars. Out of everyone I know...here in this forum and outside this forum, Botond has the most time behind the wheel of my M3 next to me

One thing that sticks out most to me is that Botond has never asked me to drive any of my cars...not even hinting. He never had any expectation and that's why I invited him to drive my cars. When given the opportunity Botond has always been careful behind the wheel of my cars. I actually have just as much fun watching him enjoy driving my cars as he does driving them

You have to build on that trust before you can allow someone to drive your baby...all I'm saying. I don't look at a person as low-class or high-class. To me a person is a person. It's up to them to show me if they are good or bad. I stay away from bad, negative douche-like people....
    Last edited by cakM3; 06-04-2016 at 04:26 AM.

Nice review BP! Sounds like it's pretty dam fast! Hey Charlie I like the SIG!!!
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

+1
    Gorgeous picture. I love the image quality your Nikon produces.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

OMG Charlie! Sorry catching up, been gone. Wow, that is so over the top. Such a different league in performance. Nicely optioned too with full leather and GT silver, I believe both are ~$3500 options. Good thing it doesn't have PCCB, so you don't have to fear a $6000 brake job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Since getting the Porsche someone here has been prodding me to update my sig Thanks Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    +1
    Gorgeous picture. I love the image quality your Nikon produces.
    Thanks Botond!

Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    OMG Charlie! Sorry catching up, been gone. Wow, that is so over the top. Such a different league in performance. Nicely optioned too with full leather and GT silver, I believe both are ~$3500 options. Good thing it doesn't have PCCB, so you don't have to fear a $6000 brake job.
    Thanks Steve! My Porsche doesn't even come close to your F-18 however but for cars it is pretty awesome! I know you are a very busy person these days... hope your tour of duty is going well! Maybe you can send me your personal challenge coin sometime If you're ever back in Newport let me know! I'd love to introduce my Porsche to you like how I introduced you to my M3!

I seriously can't wait to see this thing, Charlie. I was hoping I would get surprised by you and BP showing up to the CCA Show 'n' Shine yesterday! Soon we gotta get together. Cars looking amaze-balls

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    I seriously can't wait to see this thing, Charlie. I was hoping I would get surprised by you and BP showing up to the CCA Show 'n' Shine yesterday! Soon we gotta get together. Cars looking amaze-balls
    I completely forgot about the CCA Show and Shine until late yesterday afternoon. Been spending the day detailing my Porsche...she really needs my touch

I feel ya on that. It doesn't really feel like yours until you give it that needed T&A

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast