Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K Dip

Chiming in late, but all of my weird power fluctuation issues never truly went away until I did the DISA, new MAF/intake boot, and the VANOS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ARC8's | BC Coilovers | FX-R Retrofitted | Dinan Stage 2 + Intake & Exhaust

Build Thread

I left mine unplugged for a week or so then plugged it back in and haven't had a stutter since. Try it!

Sent from my iPhone with TaT.

Nice

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

One other data point- I've had the dip pretty badly for the last couple of months. I ordered the GAS DISA rebuild kit, and did the job yesterday. (157K miles, original) After pulling out the DISA I was impressed by how good it looked. Movement was solid, pretty clean, seemed to work perfectly well... I did the rebuild anyway and put it back since I had the parts and figured it would help later. Turns out it completely eliminated my dip, and some of the other power loss I'd noticed.

Moral of the story? These things are old. Do the rebuild, even if it looks brand new!

Quote Originally Posted by bimmergofast View Post
    One other data point- I've had the dip pretty badly for the last couple of months. I ordered the GAS DISA rebuild kit, and did the job yesterday. (157K miles, original) After pulling out the DISA I was impressed by how good it looked. Movement was solid, pretty clean, seemed to work perfectly well... I did the rebuild anyway and put it back since I had the parts and figured it would help later. Turns out it completely eliminated my dip, and some of the other power loss I'd noticed.

Moral of the story? These things are old. Do the rebuild, even if it looks brand new!
    Glad to hear that worked. I plan to do it on mine sometime in the future even though I have only 55k miles on the car.

I don't get the 4K dip every time but I do notice is sometimes... will unplug the DISA and see what it does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

So my DISA valve is chattering and sounds like it is failing, at only 10,000 miles! Going to take it off to inspect it and will drive around with it unplugged. Check my build thread to see a video of the noise if interested.

My 2800 RPM stutter seems to have magically disappeared (for now). Holy crap! It pulls so much smoother and better. Car - please keep doing what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    My 2800 RPM stutter seems to have magically disappeared (for now). Holy crap! It pulls so much smoother and better. Car - please keep doing what you're doing.
    Good news! Mine has never returned.

Sent from my iPhone with TaT.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    How do I CLEAR the adaption codes? I don't have INPA.
    This might help:

E46 Resetting Throttle Response

Over time your BMW e46 wil adapt to your driving style. Can you remember the days when your car would feel fast and spirited and jump when you touched the peddle? Have you lost that feeling? Well, it's not totally your fault. It's fun to go fast, but who doesn't like to get 27-28 Mpg? You can change back to a default setting if you wish.

Here's the steps for an e46. They are simple and easy to follow.

First, with the key removed, sit in the driver's seat and insert the key.
    Turn the key to position "2". Position "2" is one position before the car engages and starts.
    Wait 10 seconds and then turn the key back to position "0", which is the initial position.
    Once again wait 10 seconds and then start the car up.
    You should now have your throttle response reset and your driving pattern from this point on
    will dictate how your throttle response adapts.

Over time your throttle response will once again become lacking and another reset will need
    to be performed. It is recommended that this be performed every 3-6 months if you feel the
    need to have your spirited car back.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast