Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

jason89i - winter 2017

Maintenance is done. Got the car bug and decided the ZHP needed more umph.

Background:
    When I first got the car, it only had 89k miles and dealer maintained. But, still needed a lot to make it a good daily driver.

Short list from 2015:
    Reinforced rear subframe.
    Replaced ALL rear bushing w/ HD or poly.
    Pss10's
    3.38 Mfactory LSD
    HID projector evo-x replacement, new lenses .....
    Control arms, brake lines, brakes, sway links, etc....
    CCV cold weather replacement

Short list from 2016:
    Ofg replaced, vanos line, power steering lines, etc....
    Besian vanos seals
    Window regulators ... again.
    Cooling overhaul, Water pump, thermostat, pulleys, etc....
    Steering wheel, shift knob - leather tri.
    Turner rear camber correction

Obligatory "winter" pic:

Obligatory "summer" pic:

Which leads me up to 2017.
    Ive had the car almost 2 years and racked up over 50k miles.
    Maintenance is done. It turns and stops perfectly. Now, lets make it go.

Initial plan for winter 2017:
    Ebay headers. (just installed.)
    Supersprint full exhaust.
    Cats added post headers. Cut into first section, replacing the x. I don't have an emissions check, but I do want it to be "right."
    ITG filter with custom heat shield.
    Conforti Shark.
    Turner pulleys.
    Apex arc8 hyperblack square.

Am I missing anything?

First shipment arrived:

cheers, jason

I know I'll catch flack for this but skip the Shark and get a legit tune for the headers to really get the power from them. Eurocharged is a company I've advocated for here in the past as I've worked with them personally on all of my BMWs and am close friends with one of the owners. There are other companies out there who will do the same for you, I can't speak to their reliability or customer service though. If you want Eurocharged info, the mafia special is $330 for the tune and $150 for the coding for the cat CEL (if you need it - not sure if you WANT the cats or not). You will pass emissions with the ECU rediness and no cats if it's coded properly. If you do, you can drive down into Schaumburg to my other friend Lewis's shop for the tune - he is the Chicago Eurocharged dealer.

On a side note, I miss Lake Geneva, was married there in 2011 at the Grand Geneva and had been going up there almost every year since I was a boy for summers on the lake over in Williams Bay.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Subscribed to see more images

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    I know I'll catch flack for this but skip the Shark and get a legit tune for the headers to really get the power from them. Eurocharged is a company I've advocated for here in the past as I've worked with them personally on all of my BMWs and am close friends with one of the owners. There are other companies out there who will do the same for you, I can't speak to their reliability or customer service though. If you want Eurocharged info, the mafia special is $330 for the tune and $150 for the coding for the cat CEL (if you need it - not sure if you WANT the cats or not). You will pass emissions with the ECU rediness and no cats if it's coded properly. If you do, you can drive down into Schaumburg to my other friend Lewis's shop for the tune - he is the Chicago Eurocharged dealer.

On a side note, I miss Lake Geneva, was married there in 2011 at the Grand Geneva and had been going up there almost every year since I was a boy for summers on the lake over in Williams Bay.
    Didn't realize eurocharged would do a custom tune or had member pricing. Unfortunately, I already installed the shark.

No need to code out the cats. I actually want to put converters in the system.

Small world. I bet you walked past "one" of the bmw's over the years. Live near w.bay.....My office is right downtown....

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Subscribed to see more images
    I will attempt to document.... with pics.

Notes on ebay header install:

I used oe header gasket (integrated heat shield) in conjunction with the supplied gasket.
    Needed to trim the outer edge of supplied gasket (with grinding wheel) to fit under the heat shield. Gasket stud holes are WAY oversized. The gasket now snuggly fits against the heat shield and aligns with the port holes. Didn't know any other way to "port match" the gasket.

Secondary o2 bungs will NOT allow for o2 fitment. I even had to cut one of the extended bungs just to get the headers to fit. Extended bung hit footwell. See pic of cut bung.

Header to oe exhaust flanges were misaligned. Mine were off by ~1/4" Used (2) oe gaskets on that side. The pipes "stretched" into place. Will probably cut and section in a small 2"diam spacer. Or, buy an oe flange as a spacer.

Install primary o2 sensors prior to install. Not much room in there.

Headers with oe ZHP exhaust will sound like a "raspy" m3. Boo. Hoping the high flow cats and supersprint will fix this.

Secondary o2 bung:

Misaligned flanges:

Quote Originally Posted by jason89i View Post

Am I missing anything?
    supercharger...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Ebay header install looks like a hurdle to overcome. Glad you got them installed though.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    supercharger...
    Don't tempt me into a TS2. Need to save that idea for a project car. I am resisting a project car right now, but not sure I can overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Ebay header install looks like a hurdle to overcome. Glad you got them installed though.
    Just a few tweeks. not bad. nothing like building v8 headers for an e30.

Car looks great and nice list of parts!

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Apex arc-8 18x8.5 hyperblack w/ Hankook evo's 235/40 R18's.

Anxious to see how they looked, I took advantage of the warm weather and installed. Winters go back on Wednesday as we are expecting snow again.

I was nervous about the hyperblack, but couldn't be happier. I really like how the inside barrels are black. (Makes for quicker washing.... if there is such a thing with mesh wheels.

Last edited by jason89i; 01-12-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Looks good! I have 17" ARC8s in Hyper Black and love them. Just a little bit different from straight silver (not that there's anything wrong with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast