Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    I had two broken clips from what I am guessing was the airbag recall. It was done before I bought the car. I ordered new ones. It's a quick and easy fix, but definitely understand the aggravation of fixing something that should have been handled by the person servicing the car. If they broke the clips, they should have replaced the clips, and they had to know they broke the clips. I bought mine from these guys:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361077038643
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    See this makes me nervous to have the airbag recall done. I don't trust the dealership not to date my car when I'm paying out the ass for service let alone them being forced to do work for free.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    We may not be paying them but I’m sure bmw is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I think your airbag needs adjustment.

That cover actually looks very good. I haven't seen any covers I liked because they usually have noticeable imperfections in the application, but yours looks spot on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Awesome looking steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    lol don't zoom in. It's a mess, but it fits well enough and I love the added thickness. Airbag is definitely a bit wonky rn.

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    I read all of that in your fancy southern accent.

Great job on the wheel though - looks fantastic! Err...I mean, it will look fantastic in my car
    I mean I already had beer and my dog in there. I'm just a pair of blue jeans and my truck away from a country song.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Glad the puller worked for you. Some of the velcro pads are off my mats, too. I didn't think about stitching them on. I was going to try some adhesive. Stitching looks more permanent.
    The stitching worked great and I was honestly surprised that it didn't show on the top side. Very happy with the mats now.

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    i gave up on the stitching cover job attempt. just bought a Coby wheel instead. it's just money right?

your job looks great tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    dude, that steering wheel cover looks great! still probably worth the effort for the cost paid, right?
    Yeah dudes, definitely worth the $23 for this cheap-o wrap. I don't like the feel of the faux leather, though. I'm already considering a proper leather wrap if it bothers me as much as I think it will in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    +1
    I went and got the airbag recall service last month, and just a few days ago I noticed my driver side airbag cover was sticking out in the corner so i gave it a good push and now it is flush with the dash again. But then I noticed my cube trim is wobbly, like the clips holding it in place are broken or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    See this makes me nervous to have the airbag recall done. I don't trust the dealership not to date my car when I'm paying out the ass for service let alone them being forced to do work for free.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    I had two broken clips from what I am guessing was the airbag recall. It was done before I bought the car. I ordered new ones. It's a quick and easy fix, but definitely understand the aggravation of fixing something that should have been handled by the person servicing the car. If they broke the clips, they should have replaced the clips, and they had to know they broke the clips. I bought mine from these guys:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361077038643
    FYI the airbag recall doesn't involve any trim removal. You just stick a screwdriver in the backside of the steering wheel to release the clips holding the airbag in and it pops right out. I pored through several threads on the recall and the only damage people reported was a few screwdriver nicks on the steering wheel trim from careless techs. Those people got a new trim piece out of the deal.

Get the recall done, though. Or at least check your airbag yourself. White label = ok, no replacement needed. Yellow label = claymore airbag.

It's two T30 screws that secure the airbag to the wheel, not clips.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    It's two T30 screws that secure the airbag to the wheel, not clips.

Nah, I think the torx screws apply to the old 4 spoke style. I saw that in the work instructions too, but it's the clippy version for our wheels. I've popped that bad boy out at least a dozen times on 3 different cars now.

See here for the procedure on our wheels:

https://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/3_s...it)/page_1631/
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 04-18-2023 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nah, I think the torx screws apply to the old 4 spoke style. I saw that I the work instructions too, but it's the clippy version for our wheels. I've popped that bad boy out at least a dozen times on 3 different cars now.

See here for the procedure on our wheels:

https://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/3_s...it)/page_1631/
    Hahahahaha you know what? I was thinking of my 944's old steering wheel. Disregard anything I say about BMW lol.

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

They damaged several peoples going the recall, even though no reason they should. I even pre removed the main piece and they scratched up the other! Just take your own pieces off b3 you go in, or take pics and point out the good condirion of ur trim when you take it in.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    FYI the airbag recall doesn't involve any trim removal. You just stick a screwdriver in the backside of the steering wheel to release the clips holding the airbag in and it pops right out. I pored through several threads on the recall and the only damage people reported was a few screwdriver nicks on the steering wheel trim from careless techs. Those people got a new trim piece out of the deal.

Get the recall done, though. Or at least check your airbag yourself. White label = ok, no replacement needed. Yellow label = claymore airbag.
    If you are getting the passenger side airbag done it requires trim removal, at least thats what they told me. And apparently that's what they did!
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    If you are getting the passenger side airbag done it requires trim removal, at least thats what they told me. And apparently that's what they did!
    Ah gotcha. I was thinking driver's side only.

Not that I'm all that offended, but I'm surprised TT would put this ad on Pizza's thread.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast