Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    +1

I don't know whose car is in the foreground of this pic...but it's cool too! VERY cool.

Attachment 34288

I drove another friend's 1M today as well...the 135 blew it away. You'd have to a good bit of the same mods to make that thing fun and then it ruins the parts bin "artificial classic" factor. It looks awesome though. Big fat ass.

Attachment 34289

FINALLY got to drive the same friend's E36 M3 as well. Very fun. The common statement that it's a "more raw" ZHP I fully agree with. A little lighter on it's feet.

I'm still really happy with the E92 M3 so far. Drove them all pretty much back to back today and it's really refined compared to the 135 and 1M, but yet still moves. And of course, has the modern fit/finish compared to the E36. But really...my happiness boils down to one thing...a V8 is a V8.
    How is Austin's 1M? I still can't believe he bought one. It looks like an insanely appreciable asset.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    How is Austin's 1M? I still can't believe he bought one. It looks like an insanely appreciable asset.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    For sure. I don't think he went wrong in getting it. It's missing a few creature comfort options, but overall it's a clean example.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

We're still trying to figure out what direction to go in... Now were talking about keeping it as a garage queen and getting a "beater" for the daily commute.
    One thing that is frustrating living here in Charleston and driving performance cars is the congestion is so bad and the drivers are so unpredictable that is just isn't fun driving this kind of car. Kristen works 8 miles from home and it takes her a good 1/2 hr to get to work.
    I would love to get rid of the car payment even though it's not that much but I want her to be happy, we'll figure it out eventually...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Yup, driving a car occasionally as opposed to everyday will definitely make it more special. But whether it’s special enough is another question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Yup, driving a car occasionally as opposed to everyday will definitely make it more special. But whether it’s special enough is another question!
    Speaking of special... we're looking at ZHP beaters too LOL... We already have a shitload of spare parts
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    We're still trying to figure out what direction to go in... Now were talking about keeping it as a garage queen and getting a "beater" for the daily commute.
    One thing that is frustrating living here in Charleston and driving performance cars is the congestion is so bad and the drivers are so unpredictable that is just isn't fun driving this kind of car. Kristen works 8 miles from home and it takes her a good 1/2 hr to get to work.
    I would love to get rid of the car payment even though it's not that much but I want her to be happy, we'll figure it out eventually...
    Rob I completely understand the traffic issues. DC isn't much better and the drivers are probably just as bad. I'm planning on getting a beater to drive around to and from work and especially during the winter. Changing jobs soon and the new one requires more traveling. My commute right now is 10 miles each way to work which I'm fine with, but the new job will be a lot more. Really don't want to rack up miles on the 135. I will never get tired of gapping the shit out of other people in traffic when I can though lmaoo
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Atlanta traffic probably has both of you guys beat. Which makes having a performance car even more necessary to weave in-n-out of people that are just in the way.

The ZHP is my "beater." Too many miles and too much owner history to be valuable. So I just drive it without too much worry. It's a great feeling.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Speaking of special... we're looking at ZHP beaters too LOL... We already have a shitload of spare parts
    Hmm. Maybe we should talk.

I hate to say it but I think we are at a crossroad with this car. Neither of us are really feeling the love... Can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's because this car has no soul.
    dang. totally didn't see this. sorry, rob! this sucks.

i have to say, i was concerned about this when i test drove E90 335's... and while i felt the xDrive cars were a little 'meh' feeling, the RWD 6MT 335i is about as close to 'modern' as i would want, while still having some character. it definitely doesn't have 'soul' like the E46.... especially my Touring. that thing is just pure raw goodness (and i'm going to miss the crap out of it........). but it has fantastic steering, good handling, great brakes, and it does goad you into driving a bit..... umm.... irresponsibly.

E90 M3 would be my choice for you. (heck, i want one too!)
    Last edited by slater; 11-28-2018 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typos.....frig
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yea that's the way we felt about the 135... seemed like the last car that wasn't totally computer controlled and there was a lot you could manipulate on it. It was a 2008. It had iDrive but it wasn't that bad. I hated the iDrive in the F30 we had.
    H&R sport springs,

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast