Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys! I was trying to avoid paying $500 for parts. I think I'm going to get the kit at pelican and get the OEM expansion tank at turner. Im not going to do the tensioners and belts til later unless they're abnormally worn. I can get them on the spot locally if need be.
    Sounds solid Kristen.

Droid! Srs Legitness!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My po was the shizzle, he did all the necessary maintenance and recalls and updates. All I can say is I have the stewart perfomance water pump and I believe it has a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    My po was the shizzle, he did all the necessary maintenance and recalls and updates. All I can say is I have the stewart perfomance water pump and I believe it has a lifetime warranty.
    Limited lifetime warranty. John, are you running under drive pulleys with the water pump?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

No paperwork for it and I don't think so, was thinking of the tms kit in the future when they do need to be changed.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I was trying to avoid paying $500 for parts. I think I'm going to get the kit at pelican and get the OEM expansion tank at turner. Im not going to do the tensioners and belts til later unless they're abnormally worn. I can get them on the spot locally if need be.
    Pretty much get everything you can.
    The way I see it is this:

If I drive 5 hours for a track day and I get there, and something breaks (under the hood) and I'll have to get towed, I'd be mega heated. That's lost $$ in the track day as I can't complete my day, and a TON of money in the towing department. I'd rather just spend the money and make damned sure that if I get towed home, it isn't because it's my fault.

If you can't answer the question "can I be certain that I've done all I could to prevent breaking down?" then I just buy whatever necessary to ensure the answer to that question is "yes".

Good luck though with whatever you decide.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

spencers Guest
    Im not going to do the tensioners and belts til later unless they're abnormally worn.
    Whenever you do, I highly recommend Goodyear Gatorback belts. They're quiet!

Autozone.com
    I've been around cars/mechanics my entire life, I understand about cutting corners/using cheap parts and that's not my intent here. The parts companies sell more than whats needed in most of these kits. You can go to 4 different vendors and have 4 completely different kits. I've decided after talking with the dealer what absoultly needs changed, and what isn't necessary right now. Any car can break at any point no matter how "reliable" it is, and regardless of how much maintainance has been completed, fact is moving parts break, electrical things die...shit wears out.

BP, all my cars including the ones that go on track are always maintained in tip top shape, and quite frankly don't need this much "preventative" maintainance to keep them considered reliable. Im unframiliar with which companies to buy from and which to avoid in the BMW community, so I asked. The BMW is my daily driver, which means it will probably NEVER see a track day. I'm not going to treat it as a pile of junk, I will do whats required to keep it healthy. I have unlimited AAA towing incase something breaks/dies. Getting it towed is a headache, but that doesn't constitute a need to spend $500 in parts on this service when its not needed. I appreciate your concern. I just was mainly trying to gather info with regards to the quality of said aftermarket parts and peoples preferences on where to buy.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12