(Old Story-From about 2 years ago) So the story goes like this....a while back I got my windows tinted and the place that did it got the felt on my trim wet....so some of it wrinkled.

Well...I fixed it....

Required tools/materials

~ T20 Torx, and 1/4" drive ratchet.

~Thin blade standard screwdriver.

~Glue or 3M Super 77 spray adhesive

~Small art paint brush.

~Paint of your choice.

~Drop cloths to paint on.

DISCONNECT BATTERY.

Step 1...remove trim

Step 2....remove the thin "SRS" strip (using thin blade screwdriver) and the three torx (T20) screws underneath.

Step 3...complete removal by gentle moving rubber trim, pulling out on the trim piece, then pull gently down toward the floor board. This should cause the clip near the dash corner to free itself.

Step 4....Next take your trim piece to a clear area and peel a little of the felt back to give yourself a good clean area to glue.

Step 5....Get your 3M Super 77 spray adhesive and spray a light coat to the area needing glue. Then press the felt into place, obviously ensuring there are NO wrinkles.

Only use this:

This is the trim piece after gluing, and drying. You can see where some of the glue had slightly discolored the felt. I would not recommend you do this on light material, unless your going to paint (as I did) or find a good spray adhesive. I did not use the above product on my pillars...therefore the dicoloration resulted. This should not be the case with the "77" spray, though I don't know from experience.

Step 6....Paint and let dry. I probably completed 5 thin coats....but you really don't have to worry about running on the felt.

Step 7...from here its kinda a no brainer. Let dry for a few area, and snap, screw and re-install all pieces in the reverse order...for a finished product that looks pretty unique. Tip, when trying to get the trim pieces back in....start near the window, and fold the rubber over the trim piece, as this will give more room for it to snap into place.

Passenger side finished product.

Driver side finished product.

Better Lighting.

I hope this helps make someone happier with there car. OUT!

Now I have to do the ones in the rear. The endless pursuit of perfection continues...