Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hmmm tempting also...hows the sound? Any cabin drone?

there is definitely cabin drone. it's awesome, but sometimes annoying :

Well I do a lot of highway driving so I don't want a lot of cabin drone haha, even if it does sound amazing!

I am interested in that magnaflow muffler though. Any details on that Trelo?

I've decide to keep the stock muffler for a while longer. But I may end up with an exhaust later in the year.

Would removing both resonators do anything to make our stock exhausts louder? Would it be a worthwhile thing to do if the sound is perfect just not loud enough?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Botond, you would want to kill yourself on the highway. I think the first one would be best and then a glass pack in place of the second one with the Performance Muffler to cap it off. Headers are a must :shify

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I did lots of research on this and from what I've read, removing resonators does make it sound better/little louder, however will lower backpressure resulting in loss in low-end torque. This can be remedied with an x-pipe insert where the resonators were which will raise the backpressure back to normal and control the sound slightly while still giving a more aggressive tone than stock.

I wanted to do headers until I saw the price of them...I can't justify $1k for headers. I was looking into eBay headers but not sure if I want to take the chance of them not working out right and causing problems.

Well if you know what you want to do, then do it. You'll find that back pressure isn't that important...unless Tom D shows his face here

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Botond, you would want to kill yourself on the highway. I think the first one would be best and then a glass pack in place of the second one with the Performance Muffler to cap it off. Headers are a must :shify

Really? It would be that loud?
    What is a glass pack? I keep reading this but am not understand what it does for sound. Is it kind of like a "resonator lite"?
    Personally I will not be getting headers. (1) I do not like the rasp, and (2) they aren't allowed in STX if I remember correctly. Heck, I have to look up to see if a resonator delete and X-pipe would be allowed...

So why would I want to kill myself on the highway? I figured if anything it would just be audible over music and not ear shattering. I've been told that removing the resonators would have a *minor* effect on sound, only being slightly louder. I take it by your comment that it would be considerably louder?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Well if you know what you want to do, then do it. You'll find that back pressure isn't that important...unless Tom D shows his face here

Oh...the trial and tribulations of Tom D.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast