Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well, I have a list of parts I need to order so tuesday I'm going to call the dealership and set up an appointment for a DME update and order the parts.

I just pulled my airbox and checked the lower intake boot for cracks and surprisingly there are none that I could see. I didn't completely remove it because I'm going to pull my ICV tomorrow to clean it and I don't feel like doing that all twice, I'll look at it closer then.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

Cparker:
    I have the EXACT same problem. I've put 1500 miles on my cars since vanos rebuild and still have the 2500-3000rpm hesitation. I did notice improvement in torque and take off after the vanos was complete, but the hesitation is just as bad as it was, no improvement there. I checked my DISA and its fine. I also had the DME reflash done and I'm at a complete loss as to whats wrong now.

This weekend autozone hooked up the OBD2 scanner just to see if I had soft codes stored, and there was nothing. I was kinda hoping a cam sensor was crapping out or something, just so that I would have an answer. I'm going to subscribe to this thread incase you figure it out and I'm over here still trying to find a solution.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    Cparker:
    I have the EXACT same problem. I also had the DME reflash done and I'm at a complete loss as to whats wrong now.
    You may want to research exactly which version to which you were "updated." See post #70 here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=120971&page=3

I have to be honest, I was expecting better engineering when I purchased a BMW. There are several serious issues with these cars.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    I have to be honest, I was expecting better engineering when I purchased a BMW. There are several serious issues with these cars.
    You'll find quirks with any make or model. Whether it's a Toyota with floor mats jammed up under the pedals, a Range Rover whose inevitable air suspension failure sounds like a bomb exploding, or a new $300k Ferrari displaying spontaneous combustion. And on new cars, the quirks haven't been sorted out yet, which results in multiple dealership visits for unresolved warranty work. It's really a matter of picking your poison.

Found it! The reason behind the stumble at 2.8k is an o2 sensor reading error.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...97&postcount=6

So if you've updated your DME...I suggest changing your Pre-cat o2 sensors.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Thank you Horney! I will run down an 02 here in a few days and see if that takes care of it. I kinda forgot about the bimmerforums since I've came over here. I search google when I need answers, I'm dumb sometimes.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Not dumb at all Kristen. I try to forget that other forum I frequented.

That's why we've got the Family Search enabled... and an understanding community that doesn't mind or feel threatened by links to other boards when the data exists elsewhere....

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

o2 sensor is a great call. Nice research, Justin.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Please let us know if this solves the issue. Just curious, since i haven't checked, are there 2 precat and 2 post cat just like the m52 engine?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast