Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    i would say it depends on how much you trust yourself... personally I would dremel a spot on the dash and install it there but if your nervous that ya might muck it up I say a stealth install in the ash tray is a good alternative
    +1

So let me make sure I'm clear. Your car never had a fog light switch?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

No it has stock fogs and a switch. In this kit there is an entire new harness and relay though. I basically rebuild a new system because un like the regular halogen fogs the hid's require a new harness that's a much higher gauge wire that draws its power directly from the battery. Its main power/ ground is attached to the under hood battery jumps/ posts.

I then cover up and tie back the original fog plugs and the regular switch is no longer used. Run over the down load I linked before its rather intensive but I just haven't figured out where to put the switch other than the place they said. I will if I have to but im exploring my options.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Whitexi View Post
    No it has stock fogs and a switch. In this kit there is an entire new harness and relay though. I basically rebuild a new system because un like the regular halogen fogs the hid's require a new harness that's a much higher gauge wire that draws its power directly from the battery. Its main power/ ground is attached to the under hood battery jumps/ posts.

I then cover up and tie back the original fog plugs and the regular switch is no longer used. Run over the down load I linked before its rather intensive but I just haven't figured out where to put the switch other than the place they said. I will if I have to but im exploring my options.
    Now I understand completely. Thanks Whitey.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I know im rather confusing at first with my posts but there's a method to my madness

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

So will it fit in the stock LCM if you beef up the wire guage? That would be cleanest IMO. Or put it in the console with the hill descent and DSC.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    So will it fit in the stock LCM if you beef up the wire guage? That would be cleanest IMO. Or put it in the console with the hill descent and DSC.

I might be able to put it in the lcm but the buttons are not alike in shape, I can't place it in the with the hill decent and dsc because its one large board and not the individual buttons. If I had the individual buttons it would go right into one of those slots but my car is not so easy. Ive had this kit for moths but never thought about this, ive just been going over the wireing constantly so that it all makes sense now. Im gonna try to do this next weekend.

Find picture of stock european 3er with HID fog option and replicate. Only other thing I can think of.

Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12