Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some good and bad news.

So I finally got to have my new tires put on at the new BMW shop I was told about.

The tires

Kunho Ecsta 4x

They are so much better than my Goodyear Assurance tires were from the get go. Quiet, handle well ride nice.

The car

Had the tires mounted with this special high tech balance. Called road force balancing. It costs more than a regular high speed balance but its definitely worth it. It does a lot more than a regular high speed balance to bring the wheel and tire in together. I found a good read here http://www3.telus.net/jesstzn/hunterbalance.html

This road force balancing was done with the exact machine that's talked about in that link. Its since eliminated 80% of the shake I was getting. I still get a small amount but its not like it was.

The shop

European Import Repair

Was awesome to be simply put. The owner was a master tech and shop foreman for the local BMW dealer for 10 years. He left the dealer to open his own shop ( not even a mile down the road from BMW hehe ) and has one other tech from what I saw. He is listed as a European shop but he works on all vehicles mainly specializing in BMW. His names Ralph and the other tech name was George. I asked lots of questions dealing with my car while it was there, they answered them all. I was in the shop pointing out things with my car, asking about the balancing machine etc. The one tech showed me how it actually worked and what not and it turns out my wheels were ok not outta round really. He even pointed out something was not set up correctly in the one wheel wheel and the fixed it for me. I said I would change it when I get home since I know they were going to close early but he refused and said he couldn't let the car leave with it like that. He said it was no big deal.

The bad but good

While the car was on the lift I spoke of the "clunk" that bothered me. 5 minutes later he brings me by the car and shows me that my rear transfer case mount is bad, really bad. He grabs a huge bar and places it under the transfer case and the case bracket and pry's up. My drive train moves along with it about an inch up

I mentioned 3 other shops couldn't find that after having my car for a wile. Said that BMW said my rear diff was bad ( 2 years ago now ) the other almost blew my car up not knowing how to drive it and the 3rd after a week wasn't so sure.

I was just glad the tech found that, I told him I mentioned to the other shops it seems mount related but they said no. I was just happy they found it, I bring the car back next week to have it fixed and hope that's it. Being the way other things have turned out so far this month for me I hope this is my good luck start.

overall applause for them

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Road Force balancing is legit. I paid $120 to balance my RS3s but they are well worth it. I'd hate to see money invested like that in any tire or wheel to see it improperly balanced. Not to mention road force can catch a bent or improper wheel/tire, where normal balancing can't

Sad to hear the problem, good to hear it's caught though.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Nice. Good to hear they found the issue. Keep us posted on the fix.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Good deal, Ryan.

All around win.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ill post the update, If all goes to plan I bring the car in and will get it back in a day or so.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Are they changing the differential mount bushing? Might as well have the differential fluid flushed, too....
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

I can't wait for my drive line work this Winter...Should be real fun in the barn in 20 degree weather.

Glad this is all gonna be worked out, Ryan. I didn't notice the clunk...but then again I was feelin pretty good on the ride back.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

good to hear you found the clunk
    hopefully all gets fixed better than it ever was
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Are they changing the differential mount bushing? Might as well have the differential fluid flushed, too....
    The diff mounts are good, the one transfer case mount was the bad one. The fluids are all changed also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I can't wait for my drive line work this Winter...Should be real fun in the barn in 20 degree weather.

Glad this is all gonna be worked out, Ryan. I didn't notice the clunk...but then again I was feelin pretty good on the ride back.
    Lmao yea you were, but I have mastered the technique of how to not have it make the noise when people are in the car. That's probably why you didn't hear it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast