Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chris, BMW bought the 335 back under California's lemon law (I was on my 3rd HPFP). Just good timing for me to move in a different direction at this point.

I'll tell you, though, I sure did enjoy the 335. The reliability issue, though, was too much for us. With the new baby, there was no way my wife would drive it anymore.

Good thing you were able to have BMW buy it back and get it out of your hands. Can't wait to see your new car choice! Maybe another BMW later on in life? I feel like you can't stay away for too long. lol
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    A couple people asked about the new owner of the car -- I was the person lucky enough to happen into Marcus' car -- couldn't be happier about the opportunity to purchase it. Marcus obviously took awesome care of the car. It will indeed pile up some mileage in my hands...

Great to meet you all.
    Scott, you should definitely create a new member thread. Introduce yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    A couple people asked about the new owner of the car -- I was the person lucky enough to happen into Marcus' car -- couldn't be happier about the opportunity to purchase it. Marcus obviously took awesome care of the car. It will indeed pile up some mileage in my hands...

Great to meet you all.
    You are the lucky winner! Nice to meet you. This is more than a "brush with fame" it is a "sit-in-the-car-of-the-boss" kind of fame!
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Good thing you were able to have BMW buy it back and get it out of your hands. Can't wait to see your new car choice! Maybe another BMW later on in life? I feel like you can't stay away for too long. lol
    Chris, I've driven these cars for 11 years. It's been great.

Reflecting back on it, I can say -- unequivocally -- that the best part of owning these cars is all of the relationships I've enjoyed because of them. I've been very active in my community. I've also been very active on the BMW forums (really since most of the forums started). I now know a lot of people because of my involvement in the BMW community. So, even though I am without a BMW right now, my relationships will continue in perpetuity.

Will I get another BMW? You never know. I wouldn't rule it out. I'd love to get an E9 and throw some Alpina wheels on that bad boy. Call it a day.

I was up late working and read the newsletter whenever it came in, and the first thought was, "Ummmmmm... OK, how the hell did I miss that thread?!?!?!" Glad to hear the newsletter was the first anybody knew.

You know, reading some of your comments here is driving me absolutely nuts:

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    The ZHP is a well-rounded package that just can't be beat. One only needs to drive it 40 or so miles to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    A great DD? The ZHP. It's the perfect DD as far as I can tell.
    I want one of these cars really bad, and these comments are just making it worse. I found another candidate not too far away right in my price range, but with more miles than I'm comfortable with. Gonna keep looking, but now I'm thinking it might be smart to just wait until spring.

Back on topic, I think it's awesome you feel comfortable enough with the community you built to be able to do what's right for you, and not what you think other people would want or expect you to do. Glad you felt a little pang of concern, though - it means you care.

Can't wait to read the chronicle of your search once you find the perfect Porsche.

Cheers,
    SC

Mark...Just promise me that, when you do acquire the 930, you will replace the USDM Bumper Guards for 1974 USDM Bumper Guards.

Left: http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...0%281974-83%29

Right:http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...0%281974-83%29
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Horny, I am currently stalking a 1987 930. Will those bumper guards fit on it? I have a PPI scheduled for next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I was up late working and read the newsletter whenever it came in, and the first thought was, "Ummmmmm... OK, how the hell did I miss that thread?!?!?!" Glad to hear the newsletter was the first anybody knew.

You know, reading some of your comments here is driving me absolutely nuts:

I want one of these cars really bad, and these comments are just making it worse. I found another candidate not too far away right in my price range, but with more miles than I'm comfortable with. Gonna keep looking, but now I'm thinking it might be smart to just wait until spring.

Back on topic, I think it's awesome you feel comfortable enough with the community you built to be able to do what's right for you, and not what you think other people would want or expect you to do. Glad you felt a little pang of concern, though - it means you care.

Can't wait to read the chronicle of your search once you find the perfect Porsche.

Cheers,
    SC
    Steve, you'll find one.

By the way, I found the perfect 930 turbo this morning. However, it's outside of my price range. This thing is something to behold. For the low, low price of $67,000. Yes, these cars command a hefty premium. Not bad for a car that is more than 22 years old (it was a 1989).

I will say that if you start a PorscheMafia.com, I'll officially disown you.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast