Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

BMW E46 330i ZHP AFE DAS (Dual Air Scoop) DIY doityourself

Tools required:

1. Phillips Screwdriver
    2. Standard Screwdriver
    3. Beer

And of course......AFE DAS's.

Step 1. Remove stock air scoop by removing 3 plastic rivets.

Have a beer....and know...you are half way done with this diy.

Step 2. Remove 2 phillips head screws....hidden below the intake, and pull out on grille scoops, and put the DAS in. The green dots below indicate approximate position of screws. Reinstall intake and three pop rivets.

Have a beer and enjoy a 40Hp gain. Cheers.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane,

are you worried about any increase in rainwater passing into the intake?
    trancenation's Alpine Weiss ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    Dane,

are you worried about any increase in rainwater passing into the intake?
    No
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I don't think that is going to be too much of an issue unless he nose plows into some puddles or a truck decides to use his car to show what a wave looks like hitting a BMW.

All modern airboxes have water outlets at the bottom of the box to let out large amounts of water. Plus it would take a substantial amount of water to hydrolock an engine. Substantial amount as in more than rainwater (short of possibly a hurricane) can produce. Most water that does get sucked into our airboxes on normal rainy day situations gets vaporized anyway.

Just my 2 cents

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    I don't think that is going to be too much of an issue unless he nose plows into some puddles or a truck decides to use his car to show what a wave looks like hitting a BMW.

All modern airboxes have water outlets at the bottom of the box to let out large amounts of water. Plus it would take a substantial amount of water to hydrolock an engine. Substantial amount as in more than rainwater (short of possibly a hurricane) can produce. Most water that does get sucked into our airboxes on normal rainy day situations gets vaporized anyway.

Just my 2 cents
    I like your $0.02 J

Too bad you can't prove these on a dyno unless you were in a NASA Wind Tunnel. I'm sure you'll feel a difference at WOT
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Too bad you can't prove these on a dyno unless you were in a NASA Wind Tunnel. I'm sure you'll feel a difference at WOT
    The setup makes sense.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    The setup makes sense.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Totally! Did you keep your stock air box? I wonder if you could feel a difference between the two with the scoops.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Totally! Did you keep your stock air box? I wonder if you could feel a difference between the two with the scoops.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Dunno. I still have stock airbox.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

really a 40hp? (that was a serious question ) nice diy!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast