Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    noise is present from 8-20mph regardless of brake application. on the drive home today i will focus on whether cornering has any discernible effect on the noise
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Check your tires for uneven wear.

Had the same problem on my 325-- got new tires and the sound went away.

My ZHP now makes the same sound-- my front tires are feathered on the inside of the contact patch from the bad CABs that I replaced a few months back.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

^ that's what i'm thinking, might lead to replacing the CABs earlier than planned...

i'm going to take the car in tomorrow morning to a highly recommended indy shop. will have the oil changed and brake fluid replaced, will have them inspect this issue as well.

one week of ownership and it's already headed for the shop. must be a BMW
    --Wes--

I feel your pain, Web-- it sucks to be putting money in early on, but I would rather fix my ZHP every week than drive something less enjoyable. As others have said before me-- It's the Ultimate Driving Machine, not the Ultimate Reliability Machine.

Car puts a smile on my face every damn time I get in it.

You'll cry a little when you get the bill for the CABs, but you won't be able to wipe the smile off of your face when you hit the first corner...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

realistically, what should i expect the total bill to be for CABs? Meyle HD's for example...
    --Wes--

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    realistically, what should i expect the total bill to be for CABs? Meyle HD's for example...
    Somebody can probably answer better than I. Probably 1.5 or 2 hours book plus the CABs... Maybe $300?

If you were in Jersey it would cost you about 6 beers...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Somebody can probably answer better than I. Probably 1.5 or 2 hours book plus the CABs... Maybe $300?

If you were in Jersey it would cost you about 6 beers...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    I think your close. Parts are $50 to $80 depending....and labor is gonna be easy shop charge 2 hours at least.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hmmmm... seems I have a very similar issue:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...eed-some-ideas.

Getting new tires an alignment soon- hopefully it will cure it...OEM tires are all but worn out 100% at 25k miles ...hopefully not CAB/bearing trouble...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I don't think the shop will charge more than two hours labor for the job. They go by a book - not by how long it actually takes them. So, in theory, they could be over- or under-charging you. I actually bought the bushings already pressed in so they just need to be put on the control arm. I do not have enough strength to do this, so I took it to the shop.

It's pretty much undo bushing bracket from frame rail (that is the piece, right?), loosen and detach bracket for leveling hardware, remove old bushing, push the new one on, reattach leveling hardware, reattach bracket.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast