Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

i killed my zhp. help!!!

Well to start things off the UPS guy F***d me over the last three days. No one is home when he delivers packages but i signed the slip and left it for him to see and leave the package when no one is home, but he never did. he was suppose to deliver the hose/tube that connects after the MAF. Now its being sent back to Getbmwparts.com

Well here is where the killing the car comes in. today i decided to pop the hood and plug the huge gash in hose/tube with duct tape i loosened the clamps and i removed the first part of the tube. all i did to plug it was wrap duct tape around it and put everything back in place the way it was . i know i shouldn't have done that but my car was throwing codes and i wanted to see if i plugged the gash it would go away.
    i put everything back the way its was. it wasnt complicated.

Now my car wont start. i messed the that MAF plug and the tube/hose and nothing happens. The car wont turn

The codes i was showing were p9171 and p0174

I'm genuinely sad right now. Help

P.S. sorry if my grammar/wording is off. i'm sad, had a few beers and using my phone.

You didn't kill it. Just chill.

It's ok that you used duct tape. I have done it before waiting on lower intake boot for my old ZSP.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

So you were never able to start the car after you put tape over the intake boot? Does the car make any noises when you try and start it? I would try to get some MAF sensor cleaner which might get rid of your P0174 code. The new intake boot should fix the problem though.

You mention getbmwparts.com, are you in the MD area?
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

yeah sounds to me like something else is causing it to not start. even a dirty maf sensor wouldn't kill it from turning over, it would just throw a code.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

What, if any, type of noise is the car making when you attempt to crank it?

OP.....OP.......You there?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Well the car does not even turn over for starters

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

nice pun... lol

again, duct tape over a hose isn't going to make the car not crank. Something else is the issue.

Do you have power in the car? Even if you do you could be lower than required to turn it over.
    Do you see anything unplugged?
    Could it be a totally unrelated issue that just happened at the same time, like a bad ignition?

It just honestly sounds like the hose is NOT the issue here.
    Last edited by UdubBadger; 10-16-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

I'm with badger. Start with verifying batter voltage at 12.5 volts or >. Then, check start.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Well the car does have power it just doesn't crank. I managed to start the car once and it ran fine. All I did was mess with the MAF sensor plug . But now it won't start again. i'm going to go purchase maf cleaner right now

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast