Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bilsteins or Koni?

I had experience with Bilsteins. What are the thoughts on Koni? My Bilsteins were used for my M3 (retired track car, now GQ), M Technics or my semi-track/auto-X cars. But this ZHP will be more of a DD & pleasure. So, spirited driving will be okay but no Auto-X. Aside from price, I need thoughts on Koni. I don't intend to get the adjustable Koni's. Thinking of getting the Shock & Strut Kit STR.T. Yes, $$$ is also in play. Thanks.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ension/Shocks/
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

So....what kits are in play here?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Koni's the only one that has the kit. Not much else.
    Lawrence
    BMW CCA #192742
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Koni's the only one that has the kit. Not much else.
    So...it looked like the question was Bilsteins or Koni's.....then in your writeup you ask as well about STR?

You can buy Bilstein PSS9's/10's. Solid setup. Tein SS. KW V1/V2's. Or Koni's. Do you want lowering capability?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have Bilstein Sports which are really nice but seem to have a high rate of failures. If you do decide to go with Bilstien Sports make sure you go with the M3 application for the rear.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

loved my bilstein pss9's. i hear konis are good but i had to go with the bilsteins reputation.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    I have Bilstein Sports which are really nice but seem to have a high rate of failures. If you do decide to go with Bilstien Sports make sure you go with the M3 application for the rear.
    Never heard of high rate of failures on these. Where did you hear?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Never heard of high rate of failures on these. Where did you hear?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Definitely heard about the high failure rate on the rears. So much so that they were replacing them with something completely different IIRC. Maybe it was on e46f.c, not sure.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Definitely heard about the high failure rate on the rears. So much so that they were replacing them with something completely different IIRC. Maybe it was on e46f.c, not sure.
    Damn....see if you can find that thread....Thanks

So...it looked like the question was Bilsteins or Koni's.....then in your writeup you ask as well about STR?

You can buy Bilstein PSS9's/10's. Solid setup. Tein SS. KW V1/V2's. Or Koni's. Do you want lowering capability?
    Will not lower. I know of Bilstein's reputation. Since I do not have enough $$$ for now, I will probly have to do the suspension change in stages. Most immediate are the rear shocks replacement. Since Bilsteins are within reach for the rears. Will have to fore go the front struts for a later date. What are KW V1/V2s? Pardon the ignorance.....
    Lawrence
    BMW CCA #192742
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast