Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I agree with you, Marcus. Everybody is given fair chance and this is the proper warning. Lets keep this pleasntville atmosphere.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

It's good to be home

I agree with you. While I am one of those who got a nice note via PM, I believe it is simply misunderstanding the way I write, but at the end of the day, you guys have a job to do, and it is not a democracy, so I totally agree with the admin and moderator team here. As I myself have and and still run automotive forums, I sometimes disagree with the closed membership thing (mostly because of the already small member base the sites I deal with), the site is your baby, and you have every right to do what you feel is necessary to keep it running the way you would like to see. Haters gon hate! I feel proud to still be here, knowing I've made the cut!

As a moderator, I'd like to touch briefly on the misunderstanding thing so everyone can understand my thinking, at least (don't want to speak for Dane).

It is my belief that 99% of the things that I've addressed as a moderator here had no ill-intentions behind them. In most cases, it was either a case of misunderstood humor, misunderstood intentions, or a quick case of bad judgement.

The way that I see it, though, is that if I am unsure of your intentions or misunderstand a member's post, it means that other members here may misunderstand it as well.
    And therein lies the problem-- the other members aren't going to say anything and we further risk that they will simply stop posting and go away-- which we definitely don't want. Or, they may hit back, in which case we have the much-dreaded interwebz quarrel that we work so hard to avoid on this site.

That is why if I see something that could be taken a few different ways, I'm quick to drop a note.

At the end of the day, bad intentions and good-yet-misunderstood-intentions both have the same negative result for the end user.

Please don't take anything we address as moderators personally. We all want the same thing: a great, friendly, stress and drama-free site to hang out on.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I got a note too and I realize what I posted was stupid on my part, so it won't happen again. We are a quality group here and I am very happy with how the members here are really like a family. I also am very proud to be here as a member after we closed the doors.

I didn't get a PM or note, but feel like I'm in trouble I try to behave...

What happened to provoke this? or is that hush hush top secret info?
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Got my note today, sure it was probably easily avoidable on my part and to be honest I was just plain old not thinking this morning (woke up on the wrong side of a long week) and a harmless little poking fun at a thread earned me a scolding. I agree with everything you said in your note Marcus, and I can't blame you for not wanting to spend your time writing "notes" to remind people to behave in a dignified fashion. I guess I will just say that in my case, this forum is very different (in a very good way) and even though I probably can't consider myself new here anymore, I still have some tendencies from past forum use that might be misunderstood even though the intention isn't necessarily ill willed.

Kayger12 is right though; intent is not fact, and though I intended on being mildly humorous with my little boo-boo post today (and maybe somewhat snarky), the possibility for a misunderstanding is still there and that's exactly why it shouldn't have been posted in the 1st place, regardless of how humorous it might have been. I like that this site is very tight knit, I like that when you fill a room full of like minded people, you get great conversations. I might not be a ZHP owner and in most cases I'd probably be shunned from being an active member but with guys like Marcus, Dane and CW around (among others) I've been made to feel at home here and common interests OTHER than what brings most people here (ZHP's) is overlooked for other shared interests such as Photography.
    I'm not perfect, I know I make mistakes and I'm sure I'll make more (hopefully not many though) but I think when people exhibit the type of character you want, the small stuff tends to work itself out and hopefully any faults of mine in my time here can be also. If I get to be too much with anyone here, please tell me personally, I can take it and would rather know if I cross a boundary than let it escalate to a "note" ... I know Dane is already sick of me ripping apart his photos .

Kayger12 - I owe you an apology for this morning and though I could have just as easily PM'd you, I feel that the acknowledging mistakes in the open makes you build character. I am sorry for the resistance you were met with in your message this morning. I can easily blame it on a bad day but that doesn't excuse it by any means. You were doing your job and I know that and truth be told my knee jerk reaction was fueled by a bit of embarrassement that I broke a "rule" that I didn't know existed... even though I full well new what I did wasn't in my best judgement. Even in trying to make a point to you after the fact, regardless of if you agreed with it or not, I could have done in a very different manner so again, I'm sorry.

However, after this mornings actions I think I can say in all fairness that I disagree with the statement that a "note" shouldn't be taken personally. It should be, because if you don't take it that way it would mean you didn't care enough to know whatever you did was wrong. Maybe being remorseful would be a better way of putting it. The rules around here aren't super complex so if you are a person of good character then it should just be a matter of exhibiting normal behavior and judgement. If you stray from those boundaries then ok, it might happen to everyone once in a while (hopefully a long while), but to not take it personally or feel remorseful would mean you acted in a way you thought was appropriate, which would then ultimately call that person's character into question.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

I sent myself a note today.

I....almost on a daily basis, post something (or almost post something), that makes me think about where we are and what we do, and what the site is all about.

Agree with KG and the Boss. I won't beat a dead horse, but I will say, you guys/gals (members), really make this place a joy to be a part of.

And.....

"You all complete me...."
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Guys, I appreciate the thoughtful discourse taking place here. As we all know by now, I don't single people out on this forum. I speak broadly. I figure that my post will be taken to heart by those who need a little reminding. Others may completely ignore my post because they've never received anything from me.

For the record, I don't send a lot of PMs to members. I receive a lot of PMs from you guys, though. My mailbox has a limit of 10,000. I have received something like 4,000 PMs. Still got a ways to go.

Anyhow, when I do get involved with a PM it's because I either have a personal relationship with someone (I may know the person outside of this forum) or because I've been brought in by another moderator because they haven't been successful at getting someone to conform to the rules that exist at this forum.

My take on all of this is that we're all adults. In the real world, outside of these cyber walls, I'd be willing to bet that most of us treat people with respect and professionalism. It's always been my goal to have us behave the same way. Once you get through all of the personal attacks (that exist on other forums), the agendas (that exist on different forums), and the immaturity (that exists on different forums), then you can concentrate on making friends, exchanging worthwhile information, networking, and generally building a community worth being a part of.

I know that a few of you guys have confessed to receiving notes from us in the past. Understand that it was not my intent to "draw you out." hehe. That said, I am glad that you guys feel comfortable enough to do it. We've got a great community here. I've seen a lot of discussions take place on this forum that would never see the light of day on other forums (because people tend to be judgmental by nature). No one wants to air their personal business in that kind of environment.

My hope is this: that we all get along, that we continue to build a community where we can share ideas and exchange information that's beneficial to one another. I do not get a kick out of deleting people from the rolls.

And, Kristen, there wasn't a specific flashpoint that caused me to create the thread this morning. It was just an odd October that gave me the impetus to remind everyone that even though we're in Pleasantville, we have to continue working at preserving what we have. Our forum is now a year old. I'd like to believe that we'll be an even stronger community a year from now.

I'm hoping that a thread like this helps us on our way.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast