Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BIG HOLE destroys Fender? need help please =]

Aright so I'm driving at night and high beams are not allowed in the city and then BANG! my whole car dips down, comes back up, and the radio pauses for a second. When I get home I notice the passenger side fog light is just hanging and a ton of wires are sticking out.. and now when I turn to much to the right my car makes noises.. I notice a big hole and I know what the problem is but I have no idea what this piece is called.. So i need help. What piece do I need?

is it this? http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330..._BMW/ES128678/

iv googled some pictures so you guys can have an idea of the area..

Photobucket

You will need a control arm and bushing as well possibly. Did it bust up the pork chop?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

this happen a while ago! I've been driving a long time like this.. all i did was warp up the wiring, fixed the fog light, and nailed the "fender" back in.. but now that i have money i want to fix it properly.. I drove down to your place like that. so i don't think anythings really wrong, just that piece is missing... the bottom portion. so is that what i need to buy? (the bottom portion directly under the passenger side fog light.)
    Photobucket

Oh....ok....you said, "and now my car is making noises....", so I thought that was new.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Can you put an arrow pointing at the piece you are talking about? Splitter/lower valance/heat shield?

alright, i don't have a picture now but tomorrow i will post pics.. so if you guys don't mind checking this page out again to help me. I'll have pictures up around 6pm because I have to work in the morning. (sorry about that dane)
    Photobucket

from what you are decibing
    it sounds as if you got the part right
    the plastic lining inside the fender could have been pushed out of place or broken
    when you hit that dip
    and now your tires are rubbing against it whenever you turn certain ways

just stick your hand under the fender and see if it is still securely connected to the fender
    if not this may be your issue

this is just a googled photo of the inner fender liner
    THE ANGRY TOMATO

Quote Originally Posted by jreyes19 View Post
    from what you are decibing
    it sounds as if you got the part right
    the plastic lining inside the fender could have been pushed out of place or broken
    when you hit that dip
    and now your tires are rubbing against it whenever you turn certain ways

just stick your hand under the fender and see if it is still securely connected to the fender
    if not this may be your issue

this is just a googled photo of the inner fender liner
    Thanks and they are rubbing against it.. I'm going to still post pictures up so you guys can see tho! thanks for helping out tho
    Photobucket

Camillo, are you sure you didn't bend your control arm when you hit the pothole? Is your wheel out of place?
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Id check the control arm again. I've read of people hitting massive holes and snapping cab mounts and bending control arms. At least have the alignment checked.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast