Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Casey and Mark in Las Vegas -- Pictures

Casey and I will use this thread to trot out our pictures. I am just starting to dig through mine. Casey has several projects that he is working on, so his pictures will likely start trickling in later. I'll hold down the fort for now.

This one is called "Hello, Las Vegas." We were just getting there. This was my favorite Las Vegas trip of all time.

Nikon 50mm f/1.4 -- hello, Las Vegas by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Can I get an "Oh Hell Yeah!!?"

Been waiting for this thread
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

As I said on my Flickr page: I shoot first and ask questions later. The police officer on the left didn't like that.

Nikon 50mm f/1.4 by Marky Marcus, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Casey and I will use this thread to trot out our pictures. I am just starting to dig through mine. Casey has several projects that he is working on, so his pictures will likely start trickling in later. I'll hold down the fort for now.

This one is called "Hello, Las Vegas." We were just getting there. This was my favorite Las Vegas trip of all time.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/zhpmafia/6352579644/][img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6042/6352579644_9e492a91ff_b.jpg[/img[/url
    Nikon 50mm f/1.4 -- hello, Las Vegas by Marky Marcus, on Flickr
    Marcus, how did you create this shot. I see the almost wide open, but did you AF at a close object and just shoot out?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Kyle, I was two third-stops up from wide open (took that shot at f/1.8). Because I was still some distance from the city, and because it was dark, it would be very difficult to use auto focus (the camera would grapple to find a focus point). Realizing that, I flipped my camera into manual focus and found my ideal spot. I intentionally shot slightly out of focus so that I could make the bokeh a little more dramatic.

Casey taught me early on: don't do anything by accident. This shot was very purposeful and very calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Kyle, I was two third-stops up from wide open (took that shot at f/1.8). Because I was still some distance from the city, and because it was dark, it would be very difficult to use auto focus (the camera would grapple to find a focus point). Realizing that, I flipped my camera into manual focus and found my ideal spot. I intentionally shot slightly out of focus so that I could make the bokeh a little more dramatic.

Casey taught me early on: don't do anything by accident. This shot was very purposeful and very calculated.
    Gotcha, I love it. I meant the almost wide open as the f/1.8...sorry for my noobish grammar. I didn't know if you autofocused with something in the car, and just used that for your focus or if you indeed when to manual. It's a very cool shot though...I completely agree with the last statement.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

No. I knew what you meant. Just wanted to make sure that I spelled it out for anyone else who might be reading.

Glad you're digging the shot. I like it, too. It was a fun shot.

The entire weekend presented some challenging conditions. I really enjoyed the challenge. You'll notice that I took a lot of high-ISO shots wide open. I needed the light.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast